Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Dec 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #6,496 of 9,899
Actually all I'd like to know is that I will actually get one, eventually, as his future plans aren't clear. Is that too much to ask for my $1700?   
redface.gif

Ah customers, never satisfied ... :)

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #6,497 of 9,899
I would say that if he took your money he fully intends to make you an amp, at this time, not saying that he might not change his mind or parts might not be available or the sun might implode
tongue_smile.gif
, but, chances are good that you will eventually get one.  He did say that this next batch was not completely sold a few ?weeks
blink.gif
?months? (its all blending together for me here) ago...so just hang in there
biggrin.gif
.  And read the Haiku smitty1110 posted a few times to obtain inner peace. 
atsmile.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #6,498 of 9,899
Any advice/experience with power conditioners for the BHSE?

(And, just checking: did everybody not get a PS cord in the package with the BHSE?)

I use a PS Audio P5 AC regenerator and have a low end Shunyata cord connecting it to the BHSE.

I have not compared the sound with and without the P5 for the bhse specifically, but the P5 made a significant difference with the rest of my gear, so it can only improve the bhse.

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #6,499 of 9,899
  I would say that if he took your money he fully intends to make you an amp, at this time, not saying that he might not change his mind or parts might not be available or the sun might implode
tongue_smile.gif
, but, chances are good that you will eventually get one.  He did say that this next batch was not completely sold a few ?weeks
blink.gif
?months? (its all blending together for me here) ago...so just hang in there
biggrin.gif
.  And read the Haiku smitty1110 posted a few times to obtain inner peace. 
atsmile.gif

Thanks. 

That's cool, it is a little nerve wracking to plunk down that much valuta, with the promise of 3x more later, is all. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #6,500 of 9,899
I haven't heard from Justin. I'm OK with waiting, but need to know approximately when it would be completed. He said recently there's a batch being done in early 2015, any ideas (maybe Justin can chime in here) when a present order would be fulfilled?

The answer you're looking for doesn't exist. Be prepared to wait -- for an uncertain period of time.
When I ordered mine in spring of 2013, I was told it would be shipping in July of that year!
I just got it a few weeks ago. So it's been a "little" late.

But I still love it and don't regret it at all.

I just hope there will be enough spare parts for the bhse owners. I've asked Justin what the plan is in this regard, but haven't gotten a response.

Can any bhse owners chime in on this one? What happens in 10 years if/when Justin has moved on to other pursuits and your bhse stops working?!

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #6,501 of 9,899
The answer you're looking for doesn't exist. Be prepared to wait -- for an uncertain period of time.
When I ordered mine in spring of 2013, I was told it would be shipping in July of that year!
I just got it a few weeks ago. So it's been a "little" late.

But I still love it and don't regret it at all.

I just hope there will be enough spare parts for the bhse owners. I've asked Justin what the plan is in this regard, but haven't gotten a response.

Can any bhse owners chime in on this one? What happens in 10 years if/when Justin has moved on to other pursuits and your bhse stops working?!

What spare parts are you talking about? Anything specific?

The tubes will die, but being EL34's are easily replaceable. 

The rectifiers would be the most likely internal component to go, but that's easily fixed. It's just a power supply, you could replace it with any one of your liking (I'd be interested in a choke input supply, and will DIY my own at some point probably). 

Otherwise some of the other IC's for the CCS's could go eventually, but that's less likely. The amp should last a good long time. Oh - and the caps too, have to see what he's got in there but electrolytics don't last forever. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #6,502 of 9,899

Thanks. 

That's cool, it is a little nerve wracking to plunk down that much valuta, with the promise of 3x more later, is all. 

I understand completely, I am in the same boat here...
beerchug.gif

I have been saving for this for a while and have the money for it in a place that gets me good return while I wait (other than the deposit that is).

Yep, another thing to consider before ordering, hopefully Justin will be able to do it, if not I would think there will be stax mafia around that can "fix" it...
biggrin.gif
  Let's hope we never have to find out...
blink.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6,503 of 9,899
I shared similar feelings.
What I gleaned through emails and a few calls with Justin, is that he cares and is a perfectionist.
So you'll be getting a high high quality piece. And I wouldn't worry that he won't deliver. Be prepared to wait up to 2 years, I'd say, and it will come within that time.

In terms if spares- I don't know enough to provide specifics, but justin already finds it difficult to source some parts. I don't know but isn't that a cause for future concern?

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #6,504 of 9,899
In terms if spares- I don't know enough to provide specifics, but justin already finds it difficult to source some parts. I don't know but isn't that a cause for future concern?

With the "JW level" of scrutiny in parts selection, measuring, checking and matching were necessary, you will get a product that is most likely way above any average market product. And I hope it will last a lifetime - once I get it ... a GSX-MkII for me that is
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #6,509 of 9,899

"...I ordered mine in spring of 2013 [...] I just got it a few weeks ago."

I ordered mine in Sep. 2012, and I haven't got it yet! Not even a track number! Justin, is that fair?

Mmmh, that's quite weird indeed.

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #6,510 of 9,899
Some 220V has been ordered earlier than Sep. 2012 and hasn´t been delivered too.
fair or not, Justin decided to serve the 110V first, and that is what he wrote some pages before.

As i read, there ist no effort to push him to accelerate your order.
Thats what i also had to learn and to accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back