Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 30, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #6,271 of 9,890
All this new BHSE goodness is so exciting to hear; knowing the sense of joy and wonderment that awaits the recipients of this batch warms my heart.

Trust me, the mundane aspects of having to utilize longer cables, etc. will become meaningless once you get lost in the sheer majesty of the sound and emotional connection to the music.

I knew from the beginning that I would have to utilize the matching 009 extension cable to pull this combo off and, of course, obsessed about it for almost a year; Now with more than double that time with the rig in action it is the furthest thing from my mind.

Happy Listening!

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #6,272 of 9,890

Running long cables isn't an issue for XLR, as it is with RCA.

+1  That's one of the reasons professional recording studio gear has balanced XLR inputs and outputs for amps, pre-amps, DAC's, CD Players etc. as some of the cable run lengths are huge compared to domestic HiFi set ups !

The overall sound from a fully balanced HiFi system is also far superior than single RCA !   I have both types for headphone and speaker systems and can tell the difference by quire a margin when using top end gear.   The lower end gear isn't as big a margin buts its still there !

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #6,276 of 9,890

The overall sound from a fully balanced HiFi system is also far superior than single RCA !   I have both types for headphone and speaker systems and can tell the difference by quire a margin when using top end gear.   The lower end gear isn't as big a margin buts its still there !

How so?  This is clearly a subjective statement - correct?

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #6,277 of 9,890
where are all the pics of the new BHSE's???

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #6,278 of 9,890

How so?  This is clearly a subjective statement - correct?

Hi preproman,

Yes it can be read as subjective as it is what I have witnessed from many hours of listening using very high end equipment for speaker systems.

You may also notice a lot of companies who make very hi-end HiFi equipment favour fully balanced for their reference / top end systems aimed at the home / domestic market i.e. not commercial studios etc. 

Of course there are also a lot of companies who use single RCA for their top flight products too !   

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #6,279 of 9,890
  where are all the pics of the new BHSE's???

1) Not all the BHSEs from these 2 batches are necessarily going to folks who frequent Head-Fi.
2) Justin is sending out 8 a week I think?  Mine currently is on the burn in rack, and should ship next week after final testing. So they are tricking out.
3) Not everyone is comfortable posting pictures.  If you have not posted in the past, it can be difficult to learn the process.
4) Some people are still playing with their new toy, getting it settled in, and are generally too busy atm to post pictures.
5) There are the blue BHSE pics already here in the thread, so at least one has surfaced.
6) Some might just be lost in the music, and might get back here in time.

IOW - give it time. Folks have been waiting a long time, and will be understandably wanting to do some set up, listen to some music, and generally enjoy the toy.  Perhaps even before taking pictures, and posting them here.  As more and more folks get their BHSE, and spend some time getting it set up, I suspect more pics will be forthcoming.

Has not this thread preached patience, patience, and please wait quietly enough for you yet?

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #6,280 of 9,890
I agree with Bones 13's bullet points.  Also, it would not be easy to convey in a picture the lustre of the face plate, which is just beautiful. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #6,281 of 9,890

Mine arrived yesterday.  So where do the tubes go?  I assume it doesn't matter because they are a matched quad and neither sockets nor tubes are numbered.  Just bias it per the video and I'm done, right?

Oct 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #6,282 of 9,890

Has not this thread preached patience, patience, and please wait quietly enough for you yet?

no

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #6,283 of 9,890
Mine arrived yesterday.  So where do the tubes go?  I assume it doesn't matter because they are a matched quad and neither sockets nor tubes are numbered.  Just bias it per the video and I'm done, right?

Tubes can go anywhere, no need to make any adjustments

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #6,284 of 9,890
Oct 31, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #6,285 of 9,890
Enjoy the angst!

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back