Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 28, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #6,256 of 9,899
If screening at least the last 10 pages of this thread is too much trouble for you
wink.gif
, then I guess you are better off NOT to put a deposit down for a BHSE.
Otherwise the answer to your question is anywhere between 2 1/2 years to 6 month (next batch supposedly beginning of 2015...)
It's finished when it's finished and no one will give you a better answer.
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #6,257 of 9,899
  If screening at least the last 10 pages of this thread is too much trouble for you
wink.gif
, then I guess you are better off NOT to put a deposit down for a BHSE.
Otherwise the answer to your question is anywhere between 2 1/2 years to 6 month (next batch supposedly beginning of 2015...)
It's finished when it's finished and no one will give you a better answer.
tongue.gif

OK, I'll just tiptoe out of this landmine field then, and let you guys get back to discussing, well, whatever it was that you were discussing :)

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #6,258 of 9,899
the next batch is being assembled now. i don't anticipate any issues though it's impossible to be sure. if everything continues to go smoothly, the next batch will start shipping early 2015. i have been asked if this will be the last batch, and the answer is I don't know. Due to limited availability of some of the necessary parts, i would only have enough to build 1 more smaller batch (after the 2015 batch) and I have to decide if that will be worth it

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #6,260 of 9,899
I'm using a Weiss DAC1 Mk3 FW as a source. It's rack mounted with all the home theatre equipment in another room about 25' away from my desk. I just purchased a Goldpoint XLR switcher to select either the Atma-Sphere amps in the music studio or the Blue Hawaii SE on my desk. I've still got to run some Mogami in the walls and add an XLR jack by my desk but once that's done I can listen without having 50' of cable on the floor.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario.

My 2c on your setup - reduce your cord lengths! 25' and running the signal through switches is damaging the purity of the signal. Think of all the trouble Justin went through to select the best components.

You wouldn't watch a 4K movie from 25' away, even though it would still look great.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #6,261 of 9,899
With that DAC you can run about 600' of cable without sonic degradation. The switch shouldn't do anything and it's fairly highly regarded. Still, the new run directly to the amp will be about 25 - 35' into a wall jack and then maybe about 5' to the amp itself. Shouldn't be an issue for true, pro grade balanced gear which is more what I'm used to. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #6,263 of 9,899

I will try to help you, Earspeakers... Apparently, the average wait time (between order and shipping) is 24 months -personally, I'm entering the 26th month. But there have been problems with the third batch (defective outsourced parts); one may consider that the fourth batch will be delivered faster.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #6,264 of 9,899
You're a bit harsh with newcomers, georgep! Asking questions is the purpose of a forum, even if sometimes the answers have already been given.

Not really - the question was like asking "is this a forum?". And your helpful answer was even more useless than your other posts here - Justin repeated the timeline just in the last few posts with others mentioning that delays have happened and could happen again.

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #6,266 of 9,899
  Easy folks, relax, don't get worked up over this topic, fellas
beerchug.gif

Listen to some good music instead
wink.gif

+1

currently listening to last night's Allman Brothers Band at the Beacon (they had CDs of the show 30 minutes after the last encore!, also available online)

it's all about the music and the road goes on forever (which makes waiting time for bhse short by comparison)

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #6,267 of 9,899
  Easy folks, relax, don't get worked up over this topic, fellas
beerchug.gif

Listen to some good music instead
wink.gif

+ 1   NIce one icebear 

Stay cool dudes !  

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #6,268 of 9,899
My 2c on your setup - reduce your cord lengths! 25' and running the signal through switches is damaging the purity of the signal. Think of all the trouble Justin went through to select the best components.

You wouldn't watch a 4K movie from 25' away, even though it would still look great.

Running long cables isn't an issue for XLR, as it is with RCA.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back