Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 27, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #6,242 of 9,899
I don't think it needed it. The amp was spot on anyway. My meter reads to three decimal places and it was always about 0.1 +/-. Initial readings were a little off but after an hour of running it settled right down. Very easy to do. Not entirely sure how often I should do it though. I assume 200 - 500 hours of run time perhaps? 

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #6,243 of 9,899
Nice to see the new batch rolling out to owners.  Anxiously awaiting mine!  
normal_smile .gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #6,245 of 9,899
  Someone in Germany on Ebay is selling an SRM T2 for $24K USD. This makes the BHSE look like such a good value.

That would be the infamous (and banned) flipper known as "Wiktor". Lol.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #6,246 of 9,899
  I ordered mine on 02/27/2012 but that was simply the deposit payment. I picked the features and ultimately the colour at a later date. 05/12/2014 is when the final payment was made.

The sound is wonderfully transparent yet totally relaxed and natural. It sounds quite realistic to me in that every instrument sounds as it should. Every detail on the recording comes out clearly and it effortlessly reproduces the music. It apparently has limitless power with incredible bass response without being overpowering or overblown. This is quite clearly an amp I could live with forever. It's simply beautifully executed and the sound is truly remarkable.

Congratulations again, Point... And imagine that, according to seasoned BHSE owners, using NOS EL34 tubes instead of standard Mullards greatly improve the SQ!

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #6,247 of 9,899
  Someone in Germany on Ebay is selling an SRM T2 for $24K USD. This makes the BHSE look like such a good value.

Much better value and better quality as well.  The original T2 is excellent but has problems with PSU design and will burnt out according to Birgir & KG.  For that price, you might can get two (2) DIY T2 if you can find a builder.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #6,250 of 9,899
  What's the wait time these days for an amp? I sent a query to place an order to Justin but no reply yet. 

Patience is a virtue, and you need to be a saint when waiting for these. They can take over 2 years to be completed, but the lower bound is much less certain. Just relax, gettgin worked up won't get you anywhere.

Edit - I put in an order last night, I've got a vested interest in the the amp as well.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #6,251 of 9,899

You're kidding right?

No, are you? I'm new to Stax so don't know what the wait time for the amp is. I came across the circuit and design back when it was first posted on the internet, now I'm an all headphone guy and am looking to get one. 

Patience is a virtue, and you need to be a saint when waiting for these. They can take over 2 years to be completed, but the lower bound is much less certain. Just relax, gettgin worked up won't get you anywhere.

Edit - I put in an order last night, I've got a vested interest in the the amp as well.

I don't know why you think I'm getting worked up. Actually as I said in my email I'm happy with a long wait. I don't want it soon, just want to put an order in and am wondering what to expect. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #6,253 of 9,899
If you want people to take you seriously at least read four or five pages of this 5 years long thread before randomly asking a question like that.

Sorry for taking up space in this 417 page thread. I've read many of the replies, but the present situation is unclear (to me at least) so thought to ask. If it bothers you, presumably you haven't helped your situation by needling me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back