Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 26, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #5,432 of 9,899
funny really about the wait time of this amp. I almost backed out after I get the final payment notice. My thoughts was WTH, I got a KGSS and I'm happy with it. Also my financial condition during the time wasn't in a very tip top conditions. But after seeing the pictures of the amp I ordered, my thought changes. WTH, just pay and be done with it.....it was the right decision.

in my experience, the waiting time between final payment notice to the actual delivery of the amp was like 6 months. Now probably would be faster.

for those who dont like it after getting it, i believe there are people out there ready to buy at 5-10% more than the MSRP. More than enough to cover your capital outlay for 2 years.

Jun 26, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #5,433 of 9,899
  funny really about the wait time of this amp. I almost backed out after I get the final payment notice. My thoughts was WTH, I got a KGSS and I'm happy with it. Also my financial condition during the time wasn't in a very tip top conditions. But after seeing the pictures of the amp I ordered, my thought changes. WTH, just pay and be done with it.....it was the right decision.

in my experience, the waiting time between final payment notice to the actual delivery of the amp was like 6 months. Now probably would be faster.

for those who dont like it after getting it, i believe there are people out there ready to buy at 5-10% more than the MSRP. More than enough to cover your capital outlay for 2 years.

That's good to remember. When I start seeing pictures of new BHSE's popping up on Head-Fi then I'll start getting excited. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #5,434 of 9,899
  Don't get too excited, I paid 3 months ago and I'm still waiting!  Total wait time so far: 2 years 3 months!

2 years 3 months and still waiting?  Wow, I feel for you guys- thats just crazy (putting it nicely).  

Bottom line- is the BHSE worth the wait???  
confused_face(1).gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #5,435 of 9,899
Well if anything Justin gives you plenty of time to save up for the rest of the invoice.

I wouldn't be able to wait that long but the bhse is definitely a lovely amp.

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #5,436 of 9,899
Been burning these tubes in basically 24/7 for 1.5 years on my DIYBH. I think I won't leave my amp on when I'm not home anymore! Music turned to crackles, shut it off. Replaced the wrong tube first (hence the lack of dampers). Since it's CCS fed and won't get damaged anyways, I turned it back on to grab a pic. Amp still works great.

Now what to get to replace them.... If anyone has done any scientific testing of tubes in the BH, please PM me (since we're not allowed to discuss how such things might occur on this sub-forum). Would be interested in discussing.

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #5,437 of 9,899

2 years 3 months and still waiting?  Wow, I feel for you guys- thats just crazy (putting it nicely).  

Bottom line- is the BHSE worth the wait???  
confused_face(1).gif

I'm sure it will be worth the wait.  And as someone else posted, it does give you a lot of time to save up for the balance payment.  

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #5,439 of 9,899
  I'm getting bombarded with phone calls, please do not call about the GS-X mk2 or BHSE. Please send an email and i will reply within a few days

Hello Justin.

Did you reply to all my mails? I'm not quite sure. I must admit that some of them were useless.

I'm now expecting I will get my BHSE within a reasonable time.

Regards

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #5,440 of 9,899
I continue with the patient approach.  Justin will get the amps sent out when all the parts are in, all the building is done, all the testing is over, all the packing done, all the paying complete, and the stars align correctly.  The angst is just hurting you.  If you were ever in a hurry to get the semi-mythical BSHE, then you should have trolled the for sale forums.

I'm more concerned with having a compatible headphone around when the amp arrives.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #5,441 of 9,899
Any Idea if the #47 BHSE return? this 13-month fix is just not reasonable.

I already have a year+ waiting when I bought the BHSE with work for only 4 hours. The 1st time repair is quick but it down again in same problem just months after. And then it cause me this 13-month wait.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #5,442 of 9,899
Any Idea if the #47 BHSE return? this 13-month fix is just not reasonable.

I already have a year+ waiting when I bought the BHSE with work for only 4 hours. The 1st time repair is quick but it down again in same problem just months after. And then it cause me this 13-month wait.

It is posts like these that prevent me from pulling the trigger on a BHSE...

When asking you're told it may be a 4 month wait, but following the thread you see people waiting 1-2 years for that very same batch, and then when it breaks warranty repair takes just as long?

I mean, if you know there is no chance in hell to deliver in 4 months, why say it at all? Why not give a reasonable estimate?
I would figure most of us are used to, and OK with, long lead times. However I for one am not OK with being told what seems to be blatant lies and/or fairytales just to get me to pull the trigger and pay the deposit in hope that I won't cancel the order once it's commited?.

It may sound ever so great, but that doesn't help much if you get 4 hours of listening time out of 3 years or more... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for calling justin w. out like this, but t1174 has a point, and imho it should be addressed.

End of rant.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #5,443 of 9,899
^ I think there is more to the story about that unit.  Some kind of odd corrosion or something, you can check the history on this thread.  As for the delays, that is well documented by now, and yes it would be better if Justin could give a more realistic delivery estimate, but that often depends on where you are in the queue and other unknowns.  The vast consensus is that the BHSE is well worth the wait.  My suggestion for anyone contemplating a BHSE order, would be to place the order now then get a Liquid Lightning or good dynamic amp.  It makes the wait less painful . . .
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #5,444 of 9,899
Justin why don't you just move on to making T2 clones for 12k+ and this way you have more time to focus on the smaller number of units being produced....
you know either that or perhaps create back stock 

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #5,445 of 9,899
or he could just markup the BHSE to 12K like other manufacturers might do... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back