Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Mar 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #4,756 of 9,899
That's got to be silver, right? Unless that is powder coated...

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #4,757 of 9,899
That is probably one of the "grey" ones that he showed earlier.  The "silver" ones look almost like chrome, he has labored to get the right kind of aluminum, finished in the right manner.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #4,759 of 9,899
The seafoam green color was a special custom request by me. I sent in a sample I had selected to represent the color I wanted, and Justin had two sets of everything made in this color just in case there was a problem with one of them, so now there's an extra set if anyone would like to join me in seafoam-land. AFAIK these will be the only two Head Amp BHSEs in this color, at least for some time.

Kinda reminds me of the famous Shindo Labs push-pull amplifiers, only not quite so dark green.

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #4,760 of 9,899
That's a nice color, I'd be interested if my amplifier was part of this run. The shindo green is hard to beat though

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #4,761 of 9,899
The seafoam green color was a special custom request by me. I sent in a sample I had selected to represent the color I wanted, and Justin had two sets of everything made in this color just in case there was a problem with one of them, so now there's an extra set if anyone would like to join me in seafoam-land. AFAIK these will be the only two Head Amp BHSEs in this color, at least for some time.

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Kinda reminds me of the famous Shindo Labs push-pull amplifiers, only not quite so dark green.

A great color. Looks a lot like Altec green.

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #4,764 of 9,899

I wish there will be a champagne gold color & finish, likes SRM-717, in the future.

I also ordered the grey one, but had asked Justin for a champagne gold too.  He said no, so I was a little surprised to see the custom sea foam green in this batch.  I think the grey looks incredible, but the champagne gold would have lined up nicely with some of the STAX amps.

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #4,765 of 9,899
I ended up paying extra for the custom color request back in 2012 since Justin had to get two copies made, but even then I think the anodizer ended up charging him more, so he might not be taking custom requests after that unless enough people show interest. Also this was kind of a shot in the dark: Justin told me there was no guarantee the custom color would turn out the way I wanted, so there was a chance we'd be throwing our money down the drain. Thankfully it turned out spot-on, but the risk is always something to consider.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #4,770 of 9,899
Blue color, rk50, 2 pro bias plugs, that's too much for coincidence, isn't my baby there on the left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back