Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 17, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #8,176 of 9,899
  Serious question....
Should I take a loan out for this amp? 

I've wanted it for years now and want one so badddddd.

What do you guys think?

Short answer: I wouldn't. The difference between the BHSE and other much less expensive energizers is much smaller than depicted on this forum, though real and meaningful. Get something within your budget and start saving.
Philosophical answer: Don't fall into the trap of trying to keep up with people who have more money than you. You will always be unhappy. Find a way to be satisfied with what you have and get joy from it. It is how almost all of us start in this hobby and is more than enough for most.

May 17, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #8,178 of 9,899
Wait. Last batch? Like no more will be made?

I could put in the $1399 deposit right now and just stop spending for a good 6 months....

But great advice you guys have!
I gotta stop this "Keeping up with the Jones's" type of this or i will be unhappy.

But it's so pretty.... this is hard.
My parents are gonna kill me if I get a loan LOL

May 17, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #8,179 of 9,899

I could put in the $1399 deposit right now and just stop spending for a good 6 months....

I gotta stop this "Keeping up with the Jones's" type of this or i will be unhappy.

I'm sure you would be able to sell it for very close (if not more one day) to what you're going to pay for it…especially if #5 is the last batch. I can give you a loan for 3 points a week. 
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #8,181 of 9,899
  LOL.
It's either this or the WES....since I've already bought the WDS DAC.

(I'm kind of a woo audio fanboy lol)

I haven't heard many positives about the WES for ages, it seems to have slipped off the radar here. I think back in 2013 it was 50/50 with the BHSE but then the WES got so so reviews and feedback from members.

May 18, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #8,182 of 9,899

Why don't you sell all the gear you can loose, and keep one headphone and one amp and one DAC. That would get you close to the final payment amount I think. You won't be asked for the final payment till end of this year for Batch 5 I reckon.

May 18, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #8,183 of 9,899
  Why don't you sell all the gear you can loose, and keep one headphone and one amp and one DAC. That would get you close to the final payment amount I think. You won't be asked for the final payment till end of this year for Batch 5 I reckon.

Is the DAC that I have fine?
I have the WDS, don't know if anything else is better.

May 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #8,186 of 9,899
@ verycoolalan,

In getting a BHSE ( IMO ), one's not just getting an amp of amazing SQ, but has the best of build quality, as well as those two it's also an investment, simply because if any owner decided to sell theirs ( something I'll never do ), they could ask and probably get more than they paid for it.

I also now have a Yggy, and I'm enjoying the SQ from that DAC more than I did the Esoteric K-01, the Yggy also stopped me from saving for a CH Precison C1 after auditioning that £24,000 DAC.

May 19, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #8,187 of 9,899
Okay well just ordered a Yggy from the Schiit site. 
Now to sell the WDS....man Woo makes some beautiful products but if all of you say the YGGY and BHSE is better I really can't argue.

As for the amp, is this really the last batch? Right now I really cannot order one, maybe in a month of two I can do the deposit.

May 19, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #8,188 of 9,899
Now to sell the WDS....man Woo makes some beautiful products but if all of you say the YGGY and BHSE is better I really can't argue.

As for the amp, is this really the last batch? Right now I really cannot order one, maybe in a month of two I can do the deposit.

Don't sweat it…read this from Justin at HeadAmp: post #8102

May 19, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #8,189 of 9,899

Why didn't you put the repo on the BHSE and use your Woo for a bit longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back