Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 23, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #6,181 of 9,902

Please take these requests to PM.

I keep thinking that the knowledge of the average time elapsing between the order of a BHSE and its delivery may be useful, especially to those who think it should take no more than 6 months... and who do not feel like reading the whole BHSE story. Head-Fiers who share this opinion, please support me!

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #6,182 of 9,902
Any statistics done would be useless as the sample size is not large enough and there are too many variables involved. I, for one, am not interested at all.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #6,183 of 9,902
It sounds like an exercise in futility.

I don't thing Justin will have the holdup with the aluminium quality which was a major hold-up with the last build run.

Anyone doing a run of equipment will have varied problems with supply availability.

Thwe whole exercise is like asking "how long is a piece of string". The answer varies with the differing conditions and how long you want the string to be.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #6,184 of 9,902
Right, being at the mercy of other suppliers and trades to complete certain processes puts you at the mercy of their lead times.  The only way Justin could put an exact, definitive time frame on his builds would be if he did everything in-house.  Anyone who has read this thread and is serious about placing a BHSE order should have a realistic idea of how long it will take and not expect it to show up in 6 months.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #6,185 of 9,902
Right, being at the mercy of other suppliers and trades to complete certain processes puts you at the mercy of their lead times.  The only way Justin could put an exact, definitive time frame on his builds would be if he did everything in-house.  Anyone who has read this thread and is serious about placing a BHSE order should have a realistic idea of how long it will take and not expect it to show up in 6 months.

Totally agree. Also there will not be many more production runs of the BHSE so any statistics will have limited value.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #6,186 of 9,902
To what I recall, when I ordered my BHSE ( March 2011 ) I was also given a time of 6 months, but when that time past I wasn't thinking where's my BHSE because I was prepared to wait whatever time it took.

Now rather then keep mentioning the wait time, why not ask if anyone is dissatisfied with the BHSE, and also ask if anyone is extremely happy with everything about it.

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #6,187 of 9,902
Now that is something I would be interested in reading. That and what issues, if any, there are.
Now rather then keep mentioning the wait time, why not ask if anyone is dissatisfied with the BHSE, and also ask if anyone is extremely happy with everything about it.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #6,188 of 9,902
I would be very surprised if anyone said they were dissatisfied with their BHSE. ( when I say dissatisfied I'm referring to it's SQ, looks, and build quality.
And it wouldn't surprise me if every owner said they are completely happy with those three things.

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #6,189 of 9,902
Oct 23, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #6,190 of 9,902

Great question Phil95.

No, don't take request to PM- Im curious to know wait time as well.

Wouldn't it work better if new BHSE owners were questioned via PM?  Phil95 can post the results when he's collected them.

Do we really need a post requesting this data for every BHSE received?  Particularly given that the statistics, as pointed out in previous posts, would be meaningless going forward.

I have to agree with the others - this is just another form of complaining about build time.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #6,192 of 9,902
Totally agree. Also there will not be many more production runs of the BHSE so any statistics will have limited value.

+1 ... Never trust any statistic that you haven't made up yourself
biggrin.gif

As it became pretty obvious after the latest (i.e. 2013) batch of GSX-MkII went out to their respective owners, not all of them are head-fi members. I think only 3 people made comments that they received theirs. I guess it might be similar with the BHSE. So whatever sub segment of new owners is a member here might be 10% of the total batch. There is no use of such an exercise other than beating time.

The BHSE (and GSX-MkII for that matter) is finished when it's finished, it's pretty simple. If you wanna get one, you'll have to accept that. If you can't cope with the wait time then get something else. There's no 2nd day free shipping with headamp
wink.gif
. Complaining will not help anyone, nor will it make things happening any faster. These amps are boutique style craftsman objects that are not line manufactured with a full supply chain and shelves full of stock parts.

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #6,193 of 9,902

Gotta get my finances together to put in my deposit...damn it, my bonus doesn't come in for a few months...

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #6,194 of 9,902
  +1 ... Never trust any statistic that you haven't made up yourself
biggrin.gif

As it became pretty obvious after the latest (i.e. 2013) batch of GSX-MkII went out to their respective owners, not all of them are head-fi members. I think only 3 people made comments that they received theirs. I guess it might be similar with the BHSE. So whatever sub segment of new owners is a member here might be 10% of the total batch. There is no use of such an exercise other than beating time.

The BHSE (and GSX-MkII for that matter) is finished when it's finished, it's pretty simple. If you wanna get one, you'll have to accept that. If you can't cope with the wait time then get something else. There's no 2nd day free shipping with headamp
wink.gif
. Complaining will not help anyone, nor will it make things happening any faster. These amps are boutique style craftsman objects that are not line manufactured with a full supply chain and shelves full of stock parts.

+1…… Well said icebear.   

Just let Justin do his job and run his business as he feels fit and knows to provide great end products we have all grown to love and respect.    
As one of the great sayings goes "Rome wasn't built in a day"   

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #6,195 of 9,902
No email for me this week :frowning2:. Hoping mine comes next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back