Headaches?
Dec 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

seven7seven

New Head-Fier
I had BayerDynamic DT770s for a week or two but returned them because I would get a throbbing headache after 30-1hr of listening.
Is this a common problem with these phones, or headphones in general?
Am I listening too loud, or am I just prone to headaches?
Any insight?

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Clamping force perhaps?

If they're too tight they could press on various spots which could result in headache...

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 7
I've gotten headaches after listening to long on my HD650's, which may also have to do with the rather tight clamping force that seems to be a reoccurring issue with a lot of Head-Fier's around here.

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 7
It could also be sibilance. IIRC, DT 770 are prone to some sibilance, and some people are sensitive to that. 

If so, you could just try to EQ the higher frequencies down a notch and see if it helps, before starting to think about other headphones, especially if you like your DT 770s.

Try aspirin as well. 
beyersmile.png

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I had BayerDynamic DT770s for a week or two but returned them because I would get a throbbing headache after 30-1hr of listening.
Is this a common problem with these phones, or headphones in general?
Am I listening too loud, or am I just prone to headaches?
Any insight?

Pretty sure it's a tumor.

But on a more serious note, it's probably the sound pressure. I would suggest you try an open-air headphone with less overwhelming bass and more relaxed treble and to not listen at high volume, but moderate volume.

Very best,

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #7 of 7
not sure how loud you were listening to them.

i had them on for basically 8-9 hours a day at work without a problem. they are easily the most comfortable pair of headphones ive used. (i haven't used a ton personally, but i think they were more comfortable than hd555, m50, akg k701s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back