Head Up! Little Dot II ++ on ebay now!!
Nov 12, 2006 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nichifanlema

500+ Head-Fier
Wow, they came up pretty quick
rolleyes.gif
thought it would take a while for them to put up updated product on ebay....

Well here it is !

oh, and it looks like it's official dealer...
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 9
I’d like to know the story about the power tubes, because from these pictures you can clearly see them having the same logo as the 4P1S tubes on the LD2+, yet in every reference to the LD2++ they mention Sovtek specifically.

I doubt the LD2+ has Sovtek tubes so it would seem that they are using cheap Chinese knock-offs of real sovtek’s in the ++ model but using the Sovtek name anyway. Can you blame them though?

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GotNoRice
I’d like to know the story about the power tubes, because from these pictures you can clearly see them having the same logo as the 4P1S tubes on the LD2+, yet in every reference to the LD2++ they mention Sovtek specifically.

I doubt the LD2+ has Sovtek tubes so it would seem that they are using cheap Chinese knock-offs of real sovtek’s in the ++ model but using the Sovtek name anyway. Can you blame them though?

If im not mistaken, both sets of power tubes are Soviet clones used/developed by the Chinese military.

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GotNoRice

The LD2+ had 2x EF91 for driver tubes and 2x 4P1S for power tubes...

And IIRC their power tubes caused many problems, as you can see from threads on this board....

So I think the LD team came up with a modified/upgraded(?) version, which is LD2++....it uses 2x EF92 for driver tubes, and 2x 6C19 J (Military) for power tubes...

BTW, one thing I am curious of is...

Is the LD 2 ++ larger than LD 2+, as in it's size?

This is the spec for LD2++ ..
Measurements:
Metric: 230mm (length) by 130mm (width) by 110mm (height)
American: 9 inches (length) by 5 inches (width) by 4 inches (height)
Weight:
2.6 kg or 5.73 lbs

and this is the spec for LD2+

Measurements:
Metric: 200mm (length) by 120mm (width) by 105mm (height)
American: 7.9 inches (length) by 4.7 inches (width) by 4.1 inches (height)
Weight:
2.5 kg or 5.5 lbs.

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema
The LD2+ had 2x EF91 for driver tubes and 2x 4P1S for power tubes...

And IIRC their power tubes caused many problems, as you can see from threads on this board....

So I think the LD team came up with a modified/upgraded(?) version, which is LD2++....it uses 2x EF92 for driver tubes, and 2x 6C19 J (Military) for power tubes...

Yeah I'm aware of the situation (LD2+ uses EF92 also not EF91), but Sovtek is a brand just like Pepsi. I see the name Sovtek (a Russian brand) being thrown around when it clearly uses the same brand (though different model) of Chinese tubes that the LD2+ uses. They didn't use the name Sovtek in this particular listing but it's used just about every other place the amp has been talked about.

Nov 12, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #7 of 9
Ya just never know what your getting into buying these cheap Chineese amps off of E-Bay ... But folks here found that out the hard way I guess.... Tempting, but I'll stick to Wal-Mart for my Asian savings!

Nov 12, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
Ya just never know what your getting into buying these cheap Chineese amps off of E-Bay ... But folks here found that out the hard way I guess.... Tempting, but I'll stick to Wal-Mart for my Asian savings!

Have you seen the documentary "The high cost of low prices" about Wal-Mart ? It's the same lesson at the global scale.
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m
Have you seen the documentary "The high cost of low prices" about Wal-Mart ? It's the same lession at the global scale.
wink.gif

That's a serious documentary. I don't set foot in that store since seeing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back