Head to Head as to Deside between 2 powerfull audio cables
Jun 5, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
The Van Den Hul THE FIRST ULTIMATE MK II is simply exquisite, I've tried it sometimes ago, and it was as if music suddenly became more vivid, with an incredible sense of space. The musicians were actually playing in my room. IT should be in everybody's top list of upgrade as the difference it makes is simply incredible. When I listened to Friday night in San Francisco, a feeling of excitement came to me and I started my feet to the sound of music, the peerless talent of the 3 guitars players was all the more enhanced by the vitality of the cable.

On the other hand the XLO Reference 3 is nimble and subtle cable, I would say it brings truth to the music. When I listened to the Mahler's 8th [Bertini], there was nothing added and nothing subtracted, the structure of the piece was as clear as day, almost as if the voice of each instrument was written on its own partition for you. ON a more intimate piece, the XLO Reference brings air between the instruments, the bass is tightened, the treble is under control, every thing to its place, some would call this cable over analytical, but I don't think so, it's music as meant to be heard.

Ultimately, I can't recommend one cable over the other, they both are very different, and both are worth it> If you have the money get both of them and they'll give you hours upon hours of listening pleasure. Don't Forget that your rig is only as good as its weakest link, and one can never be careful enough with the choice of good cables, they are the penultimate link to your whole system.

And in case you didn't notice, this whole post is a joke.

Trololol. Oh what I would give to be able to consider between the G/PS1000 and the HD800..

Jul 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #18 of 19
HD800 with decent amp suddenly brings you into Stax´ electrostatic territory (ie SRS 4170 system) and they are truly in an entirely different league. Add to that the satisfaction that you have something so good that you might not easily fall victim to upgraditis in the near future!   :)

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #19 of 19
OP,

You seem to be new in this, what the others (including some respected old timers here) are trying to say politely is you sounded really ermm... wrong. :) It's like asking which sunglass to use to get better timing on your bicycle in a car race. You need to get a car (a good headphone) first before you talk about (or at all) sunglasses (cable).

If you just want excuses to pay ridiculous money to get some fancy cable, by all means do that. But if you expect to hear anything different with low end headphone, not many people here can do recommend that with good faith.

Headphone - 60%
Amp - 20%
Source - 19.9%
Cable - 0.1%

Ok the numbers are arbitrary but you get the point. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back