Head phones
Sep 16, 2015 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ddtdave

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
I am looking for some advice on some good Sq headphones to get the best out of my new dx50.
I listen to hip hop mostly and usually like a lot of bass but I am finding that I want it a bit more balanced yet still keeping some edge on the bass and sub bass.
Budget up to around £100 and looking for portability so either small over ear or on ear or in ear.
I currently use some Monster in ear which are very good for the £40 I paid but I would like to step up a level. I have some old over ear seins too but they are very bass shy.
Sound stage and clarity are what I really want and leaning towards the comfort of on ear or small over ear.
Any advice much appreciated as I have spent days researching to find that most with good reps elsewhere (AKG451 Sony Xb models and px200ii) seem to have quite a few horror stories or bad ratings from others.
Thanks
Dave

Sep 16, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi all,
I am looking for some advice on some good Sq headphones to get the best out of my new dx50.
I listen to hip hop mostly and usually like a lot of bass but I am finding that I want it a bit more balanced yet still keeping some edge on the bass and sub bass.
Budget up to around £100 and looking for portability so either small over ear or on ear or in ear.
I currently use some Monster in ear which are very good for the £40 I paid but I would like to step up a level. I have some old over ear seins too but they are very bass shy.
Sound stage and clarity are what I really want and leaning towards the comfort of on ear or small over ear.
Any advice much appreciated as I have spent days researching to find that most with good reps elsewhere (AKG451 Sony Xb models and px200ii) seem to have quite a few horror stories or bad ratings from others.
Thanks
Dave

When I had the DX50 I found that it sounded really good with my RHA MA750s, with revealing treble, nice midrange and substantial bass and sub bass. Have since moved on to a different DAP, you may also like to try the RHA T10s as they are tuneable too with a weighty low end, without bleeding in to the midrange. But I guess the best thing for you is to audition some phones paired with your DAP if you can, as our ears are all different, as are our tastes.

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Got some SA950i on order....thought I would try the on ears as I recently bought some in ear which are OK, but I fancy portable which aren't crammed in....my canals seem to spit them out and maybe aren't suited (even with comply 500 of any size).
I also looked at px200ii and aiaiai tracks. Will give some feedback when I get them :grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back