Head Phones for a avid gamer.
Aug 30, 2005 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hey_Its_Cole

100+ Head-Fier
I am interested on closed ear such as the a500 or a900, also something like the Shure E4s. I have had so many people recomend headphones for gameing over speakers so I figured i would take the plunge. I have around a $200 budget and dont mind going over if need be. The only sets i have had recomended to me for gameing are the a500's and the a900's. I am curious as to what ya'll recomend for games and music with the major thing being games.

Aug 30, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Keep in mind that game developers rarely make high quality sounds and music and the most important aspect of a gaming headphones is in fact, not sound quality but how accurate it reproduces noise in contrast to what is going on in game. Noises such as footsteps and gun shots should be accurately relayed to your ears so you know the precise direction you have to face. That is why the A900 and A500 gets a ton of praise for gaming. If I were you, I'd save money and get the A500 if you wanted headphones for just pure gaming. There is no need for anything over a hundred bucks really unless you plan on having dedicated sources and amps etc.

Heck I didn't think my Alessandro MS-1 would be very accurate in soundstage but it does a decent job. But they are open.

Aug 30, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
You should buy the a500s, then keep the change and try to forget that this website exists. IMHO.

LOL, You are probably right, I think this website is good at convinceing me to spend money. So the a900s arent worth the extra money for my needs. I listen to a lot of music but I have never really had headphones worth useing to listen to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back