Head-fiers in Alabama
Dec 19, 2003 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jfalford

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any head-fi members in the Birmingham area? Just would be interesting to know. I have done quite a bit of business with a local high-end dealers who told me that I was the only person who ever asks about various phones and phone related paraphenalia.
etysmile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Dec 21, 2003 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 10
Hmmm, I'd be surprised if most people in Alabama could even spell headphone...
very_evil_smiley.gif

(Sorry, sorry, just kidding--I used to live in Atlanta, so it's a a conditioned response.)

May 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 10
Yes this is an ancient thread, but I was going to start a new one for the exact same purpose. So. Any takers? If not, than I'm glad I could bring the grand total to 2. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #6 of 10
Ha, the fact that we're talking about two entire states (granted to many, they are the buttcrack of the country) and we're only up to 3 people is very funny to me. 

May 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #7 of 10
Well, there's a few of us here. A couple have some very amazing rigs. One of them(The Wuss) and I have had several two person meets, we would love to get others involved. Another one of us(Trav) is the one who organized the Canlanta which took place a couple of weeks ago.

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #8 of 10
New to the forum...just discovered that there's another world beyond 'run of the mill' consumer headphones (although I do own a pair of Ultimate Ears IEM's that I purchased from BestBuy a couple years ago, but not sure of the model number).  Seems like I paid around $60 for them.

I picked up a copy of Headphone Guide from Walmart and all of my spare time now is about assessing the best buy for me for around $100.  I've printed out the 189 pages of the guide on here and I'm currently going through ALL of the models trying to decide what would be best for me.

So far I like the JVC HA-FXT90.  Has a high sound rating, a high overall rating and no 'cons' in the summation, and the price looks good.

As far as the negative comments about the South...look around...there's a LOT of GREAT THINGS that come from Alabama and Georgia, and yeah, we can even spell.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #9 of 10
Add me to the list. East Tennessee resident, but Tide fan all the way. RTR!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back