Head-fi wiki, contribute today!
Jul 29, 2006 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dougmwpsu

100+ Head-Fier
I just set up a wiki on my personal webhost. there has been some talk about creating a head-fi wiki, and i think that this would be a good test to see if people would use it. if this gets popular i pledge to turn all the database files over to the admins. also if anyone want an admin account, just let me know.

http://doug.beejspot.com/wiki

maybe the first setp would be to move over the wikipedia info on headfi and grado and the sticky information from the various fourms. just a thought.

Jul 29, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #2 of 4
I would dump all the sponsor stuff. It reads like a big ad and will immediately piss off Wikipedia.

The Head-fi slogan entry "sorry about your wallet" is also pretty extranneous. I don't think it's ever been "officially" incorporated.

I also find the Head-fi "community' entry kinda weak. We had one raffle to raise money for autism. Head-fi isn't a charity organization - I wouldn't posture it as such. Also wrong, you don't get "headphone supremeus" after 1,500 posts. There's more to it than that.

But the categories of what you'll find at the site are good.

I think you'd be best to start off talking about the nature of headphone listening and technology - and what you'll find related to that technology on the website. Then branch into the other forums - e.g. DYI, Computer as Source.

Jul 29, 2006 at 10:38 AM Post #3 of 4
I've made some preliminary entries to hopefully give some inspiration - note that adding [[Category:<category name>]] tags at the top of documents will be a good way to maintain some order. For example, for an entry on Grado SR80's, add

Code:

Code:
[left][[Category:Headphones]] [[Category:Grado Labs]][/left]

Jul 29, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 4
i cleaned up your categories a little and added subcategories. you can make one catagory the sub cata of another by adding the [[catagory:****]] tag to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
will immediately piss off Wikipedia.

actually it's alright to take any info you want off wikipedia's site and use it on your own as long as your maintain it's lisence(i think) i set the wiki up under gnu 1.2, so all information posted to it will be in the public domain... don't post copyrighted info without permission!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back