Head-Fi Very Slow
Jul 21, 2007 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

mrarroyo

Headphoneus Supremus
Is it me? or have any others noticed the site being slow.
mad.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 32
Seems fine at this end of the wire...

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more things change, the more they stay the same....
smily_headphones1.gif

What is your point? I have noticed that between post the site hangs up and takes a quite a bit longer than say a couple of weeks ago. I have noticed this at a couple of different computers using different internet providers.

Jul 21, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your point? I have noticed that between post the site hangs up and takes a quite a bit longer than say a couple of weeks ago. I have noticed this at a couple of different computers using different internet providers.

When did you start requiring that post make points that are up to your satisfaction level.
tongue.gif

This site has always been slow. But if I did have a point it would be more members slow down the forum, which requires system upgrades.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it runs fine at my house and I have dial up.

x2

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #12 of 32
I agree with mrarroyo, especially when you try to search for a certain thread. Also it takes alot longer when you try to sign in.

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #13 of 32
I notice to slowness once in a while. But its mostly smooth...
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When did you start requiring that post make points that are up to your satisfaction level.
tongue.gif

This site has always been slow. But if I did have a point it would be more members slow down the forum, which requires system upgrades.

I do not expect to be satisfied, however I do expect to add to the discussion whatever it may be. This site does goes through cycles, and improvements have been made.

A this time (as stated in another thread) there are less users than other times in the year and still I see the site hanging up. If it was just when at home I would not have posted, however I use at least another computer w/ a diferent internet provider and it also hangs up.

Based on the feedback it seems some are noticing it and some are not. Perhaps it is the time of the day I post which may be the high use period.
confused.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #15 of 32
I'm going with mrarroyo on this one.

On broadband, I often get to the main forum page just as quickly as in the past, but then it takes a very long time to load individual threads once I click on the links. In most cases, I see the light blue background almost immediately, but then the balance of the page content takes quite a while to load.

I make a lot more use of browser tabs now to load threads I want to read while continuing to look through the currently viewed thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back