Head-Fi Trivia Contest And Amp Giveaway
Jan 6, 2003 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

akar

500+ Head-Fier
Welcome to the 1st Annual Head-Fi Trivia Contest and Amp Giveaway.

THE AMP
The amp is a JMT built CHA47 in a 5”x5”x1” Pactec case.
It has a 1/8" input and RCA inputs.
1/4" and 1/8" headphone jacks.
Runs off of two 9v batteries or a wall wart.
It has Vishay resistors and Elna Cerafine 470µF/25v power supply capacitors.
Click here to see pictures of the amp

THE PARTICIPANTS
A participant should be someone that is new to the world of high-end headphones, and doesn't yet have an amp to go with their new headphones.
OR
Someone that has had their high-end phones awhile, but hasn't been able to afford to get an amp for them yet.

THE RULES
  1. The winner will be the first person to answer all of the questions completely and correctly, or the person with the most correct answers by the end of the contest, which is January, 11, 2003 at 11:59 PM PST.
  2. All answer submissions must be done in this thread in the same format as the questions were posted, no PMs or e-mails will be accepted.
  3. All answer submissions must be preceded by the following text: ANSWER SUBMISSION
  4. Any post with the “edited by...” text at the bottom of it will not be accepted.
  5. Spelling Counts. But as long as I can reasonably tell what answer you are trying to give, I will accept it. If two participants post their answers at the exact same time, spelling can be a deciding factor.
  6. You may post answer submissions once every 12 hours.
  7. The amp may not be re-sold. When or if the winner decides to part with the amp he/she must give it to another Head-Fier.
  8. This contest is only open to people currently residing in the U.S. (Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada.[/list=1]

THE EXTRAS
    The Amp will be sent to the winner at no-charge if they live in the U.S.
    If the winner lives in Canada, shipping charges may apply, but if the shipping charges are close to what they would be for shipping within the U.S., then I will cover them.
    Please do not participate if you would not really benefit from the amp.
    For example, I already own a Gilmore amp by HeadAmp.com and an AirHead, so I would not be an ideal participant in this contest.
    If you are not participating, please do not post any answers or hints to any of the questions, or post links to any answers or hints.
    Otherwise, anyone is free to post in the thread.

THE QUESTIONS

The Category: 1970's and 1980's Television
    1. On the television series “Gilligan's Island”, what were the first and last names of the Professor and the Skipper?(Not the actors' names, the characters' names)
    2. On the television series “The A-Team”, Murdock wore the same jacket throughout the series, what did it say on the back of the jacket?
    3. On the television series “The Dukes of Hazzard”, there was a person that had also been on “The Andy Griffith Show”. What was the name of this person, and what were the names of the characters that they played on each show?
    4. On the television series “Different Strokes”, what was the name of Arnold's fish?
    5. On the television series “ALF”, what planet was ALF from and what was his real name? Also, on his home planet he had a girlfriend, what was her name?
    6. On the television series “Knight Rider”, the main character, Michael Knight, had a previous identity. What was his name before it was Michael Knight? Also, before becoming Michael Knight, the main character was a police officer. What was his badge number and what was the number of the precinct he worked at?
    7. On the television series ”The Greatest American Hero”, what was the main character's name in the beginning of the series and what did it change to later on? Also, when did it change back to the original name? (month and year)
    8. The star of the television series “Punky Brewster” has a brother that was on another television series in the 1980's. What is the name of her brother and what series was he on?
    9. Someone that was on the television series “The Brady Bunch” near the end of the series, also voiced a character in a trio of movies in the 1990's. (Same character in all three movies)
      What is the name of this person, the name of the character they played on “The Brady Bunch” and the name of the character they voiced in the trio of movies from the 1990's? (A movie and two sequels)
    10. Herve Villechaize, from the television series “Fantasy Island”, was the lead vocalist on a “We Are The World”-type song. What is the name of this song?[/list=1]

Jan 6, 2003 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 19
I can barely move my mouse thinking about a free amp...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Here goes!

ANSWER SUBMISSION

1. Professor's Name: Roy Hinkley
Skipper's Name: Jonas Grumby

2. Da Nang 1970

3. Name: Denver Pyle
Character's Name (Dukes of Hazzard): Uncle Jesse Duke
Character's Name (Andy Griffith): Briscoe Darling

4. Abraham

5. Planet: Melmac
Girlfriend: Rhonda

6. Previous Name: Michael Arthur Long
Badge number: 4262
Precint: 11th

7. Original name: Ralph Hinkley
Changed to: Ralph Hanley
Changed back in: August of 1981

8. Name: Meeno Peluce
80's show: Voyagers!

9. Name: Robbie Rist
Character's Name (Brady Bunch): Cousin Oliver
Character's Name (voice-over): Michaelangelo

10. Why

Jan 6, 2003 at 4:46 PM Post #3 of 19
If someone answers all of the questions correctly, I will end the contest ASAP.
But if there are any errors in someone's answer submission, I won't be able to comment about them directly.
This would give an unfair advantage to another participant.

I will say this to Rizumu, I strongly suggest you repost another answer submission at 4:27 PM PST.

Jan 6, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 19
ANSWER SUBMISSION

1.The Professor: Roy Hinkley Jr.
Skipper: Jonas Grumby

2. Da Nang 1970

3. Name: Denver Pyle
Character's Name (Dukes of Hazzard): Uncle Jesse Duke
Character's Name (Andy Griffith): Briscoe Darling

4. Abraham

5. ALF(which stands for Alien Life Form) was from the planet Melmac. His real name was Gordon Shumway, and his girlfriend's name was Rhonda

6. Previous Identy of Michael Knight:
Michael Long worked at the 11th Precinct Police Station. His badge number was 8043.

7. On "The Great American Hero," the original "Ralph Hinkley," was changed to "Ralph Hanley," to disassociate the character from the man that fired at Reagan. It was changed back in August 1981.

8. The star of "Punky Brewster," Soleil Moon Frye, had Meeno Peluce as a half brother.

In the 80's, Meeno Peluce was in the following TV shows:
Best of the West
Voyagers!
Detective in the House

9. Robbie Rist, sometimes credited as Robby Reist

Character in "The Brady Bunch": Cousin Oliver
Character in the 3 "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movies: Michaelangelo

10. "Why"

Jan 6, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #6 of 19
Can I participate if I have a mailing address in New York or a friend in Atlanta willing to send it to me?

Jan 6, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 19
*refreshing page every minute*

Jan 6, 2003 at 10:03 PM Post #10 of 19
Onix, if you could have someone in the U.S. send the amp to you, then yes, you could have participated.

But, Squalish has won.

The only incorrect answer in Rizumu's post was Michael Long's badge number.
The badge number was divulged in the episode "Knightmares" on December, 12, 1983.

The following is from the script for that episode:

DESK SERGEANT
Look, you've got a problem, I'm here to
help. If not, I've got a lot of
work to do.

Michael continues toward the windowed offices. Bowman,
rising, crosses to the door, opens it to overhear:

DESK SERGEANT
(stronger)
I'm not going to tell you again --
you don't go in there.

That does it. Michael turns to the Sergeant.

MICHAEL
I've got business in there. My
name's Michael Long, serial number
1-0-5-0-9, badge number 8-0-4-3.
I don't know about you, but I work
here.

He turns toward the windowed office and now sees his
reflection in the glass. It's the second time he's seen it
and it stops him cold. Bowman reacts to what he's over-
heard, reaches for a phone. Over this:

DESK SERGEANT
This is the wrong precinct to try
and pass yourself off as Michael
Long. He was a good cop. A lot of
the guys took his death hard.

Michael reacts, stunned. Confused.

Squalish, please send me your shipping info.

Jan 7, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #12 of 19
!!!!

*Acceptance speech*
I would like to thank google, IMDB, and my television. Without them, I would never have made it here today. I would like to thank Akar, without whom there would be no contest.

*Anticipates CHA47 goodness* This will actually be my first amp. I've been using my DT770's out of my headphone out from my GTXP. Thanks guys!

Jan 7, 2003 at 3:57 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

I thought the questions were harder than they really were.
Did they seem too easy?

Ah, the wonders of the internet.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back