Head-Fi server error?
Nov 4, 2004 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gabriel Possenti

Head-Fier
I was trying to do a search and this error message popped up...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/headfi/www/www4.head-fi.org/htdocs/forums_3/search.php on line 835

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /home/headfi/www/www4.head-fi.org/htdocs/forums_3/includes/functions.php on line 479

This wouldn't be a problem with my work computer would it?

Nov 4, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 5
That's a PHP error message, if I'm not much mistaken. They've got 32MB of memory allocated to search scripts, it seems, and you happened to go over that. Basically, there was too many people accessing it and you were the unlucky one. If it crops up too often, I imagine they'll do something about it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Nov 4, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 5
Well, as someone who has worked in IT for many years, and have a deep expertise for all matters technical, I'll ask the first and most important thing ANY respectable IT person would ask:

Did you reboot?

280smile.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 5
The search function sometimes borks up on me when I enter in a term that may yield more than a few pages worth of results. What I notice more is forum-specific searches can mess up rather often (they won't fully load, forcing you over to the 'Advanced Search' page. Don't know if I'm just an isolated case though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back