Head-fi podcast?
Nov 28, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 28
Great initiative. It seems like a good chance for the community to pitch in and really give Head-fi some more popularity. How 'bout a video podcast?
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #17 of 28
Great ideas all around. I have been hooked on a few podcasts. Some are indie music shows from the CBC others are university grad lectures in subjects I'm not currently studying (sweet way to get the jist without putting in the time and/or money to learn
biggrin.gif
)

As for music...maybe contact Orpheus, great guy, writes and performs his own stuff (he has even sent me two albums!) It would be very cool if he and/or other Head-fi members could write the intro and exit cuts to the podcast.

Nov 28, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #18 of 28
I am sure you already know this but skype is your friend if you are trying to do a podcast. You can do everythign from voice chat amongst skype users to calling any phone line world wide to haveing your own phone number so people can call you.

Nov 28, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #19 of 28
If you have a Mac, podcasting is dead easy. Garageband makes it super simple. Get basically any decent headset/mic and you are in business. Audacity works ok for PC or Linux, but it is no where as smooth as GarageBand. Skype makes it easy to do phone interviews. I anxiously await your efforts.

Nov 28, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure you already know this but skype is your friend if you are trying to do a podcast. You can do everythign from voice chat amongst skype users to calling any phone line world wide to haveing your own phone number so people can call you.

One of my co-workers was telling me about Skype and Podcasting today. Looks like the best way to do phone conversations in a Podcast.

Thanks. Quote:

Originally Posted by jparris1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have a Mac, podcasting is dead easy. Garageband makes it super simple. Get basically any decent headset/mic and you are in business. Audacity works ok for PC or Linux, but it is no where as smooth as GarageBand. Skype makes it easy to do phone interviews. I anxiously await your efforts.

Yeah, I'm a PC guy right now. Though I've always gone back and forth on the idea of going Mac, I'm admittedly more cozy with the idea now that a dual-OS setup on a Mac looks to be increasingly practical (I currently have too many Windows apps I count on to discount my need for Windows). My laptop is still quite new, however, so I'd probably not be going Mac any time in the immediate future.

Nov 28, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #21 of 28
Jude, if this podcast isn't binaural... I'm going to have to hurt someone.

tongue.gif

But seriously.. We can't have ONE man doing it.. That would be kinda boring. Why don't you do a skype podcast and have like 2 or 3 people in on it. So it's more of a discussion rather thana lecture!

Nov 28, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #22 of 28
oh yeah - Binaural 'cast from the twin exhaust pipes of the Head-Fi 'Stang...MORE PLEASE.

Nov 28, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonethugz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
before the podcost, how's the sound quality? i won't accept anything sound bad
smily_headphones1.gif

I say we work on having content first, then as things progress we can start begging for ALAC recorded with Sennheiser mics, tube amped, all analogue mix/mastering before being encoded for the final step
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why am I going to do this? Because I carry around and listen to Podcasts frequently, and enjoy several of them--they provide me with information and entertainment on very specific subject matter that I'm very interested in, and would not get to listen to otherwise (stuff they'd never cover on the radio). Additionally, I love to write reviews, but have little time to do so. Due mostly to work responsibilities, I am notorious for falling way behind on reviews (like the one I'm going to finally be posting on the AKG Hearo 999 wireless headphone system that is about one year behind my originally planned release date), and a Podcast will hopefully let me get short, concise reviews out about many of the many products I get to beta test, buy, use, and borrow. I also have regular occasion to talk to folks in the industry about a lot of interesting stuff (well, interesting to diehard Head-Fi'ers anyway), and I'd like some outlet to share that with the four or five of you in the community who might also be interested in that
wink.gif

Anyway, that's the deal on this. I have no experience in recording, and am going to be doing this with some embarrassingly simple gear, so pardon me in advance for any lack of production value. We'll see how this works out.

This is what actually makes me want to listen all the more. A Head-Fi fix while I'm away from the PC, how cool is that? Maybe, as it goes on, you can get other people to record MP3 reviews and post them to you and they can be included too?

Nov 29, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say we work on having content first, then as things progress we can start begging for ALAC recorded with Sennheiser mics, tube amped, all analogue mix/mastering before being encoded for the final step
wink.gif

oops, i thought i had the big headphone smily there " : ) " but it didn't somehow. it was a little joke....
redface.gif
sorry.

podcost is a good idea

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #27 of 28
X-3476

I was JUST thinking that it's a shame there isn't a headphone/head-fi related podcast, then I found this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

A podcast would be a great idea. Interview various industry people, people at meets, or have a regular roundtable like This Week In Tech (Twit.tv) via Skype.

I help with the Rhino Records podcast ("Rhinocast" we call it, ain't we clever), any assistance I can lend, would be more than happy to.

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back