Head-fi podcast?
Nov 27, 2006 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

chef8489

Headphoneus Supremus
I listen to a lot of podcasts and I was currious if anyone would be willing to do a Head-fi podcast. It would be awsome to talk about audio equiptment and have reviews. Call in questions or whatever. Let me know what you guys thin or if someone would be willing.

Nov 27, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<3 jude

x2!

Nov 27, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about a head-fi movie? ;p

I think head-fi sitcom would generate more buzz
icon10.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about a head-fi movie? ;p

What about the Soundtrack to the film? How long a "discussion" would we need to nail down what tracks should be included. Then we can happily discuss what source/amp/headphones the album would sound best on.

Nov 28, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to a lot of podcasts and I was currious if anyone would be willing to do a Head-fi podcast. It would be awsome to talk about audio equiptment and have reviews. Call in questions or whatever. Let me know what you guys thin or if someone would be willing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the planning stages, and targeting Q1 2007. I'll say more as it develops.

Yep, I've already received my certified letter containing a restraining order preventing me from calling in. It's nice to know that Jude is always on top of the little things.

Nov 28, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the planning stages, and targeting Q1 2007. I'll say more as it develops.

Freakin' COOL!

Nov 28, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<3 jude

Quote:

Originally Posted by jparris1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x3!

Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Freakin' COOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electro Point /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, can't wait!

LOL. Oi, if you're expecting that stentorian movie-trailer-guy voice, you're going to be sorely disappointed. My voice is somewhere between, oh, say, Mike Tyson and James Earl Jones.

And if you're expecting super-polished, radio-quality production, you're going to be sorely disappointed again. It's going to be one man, one mediocre microphone, phone calls with industry folks from time to time, some opening music that I'll probably pay a paltry sum to license as the opening bit, and some practice you're going to have to suffer through before we (hopefully) get decent about the whole thing.

The target length per Podcast will likely be 15 minutes to 30 minutes (trust me, you couldn't handle my manly-man voice for more than that at a stretch
wink.gif
).

Why am I going to do this? Because I carry around and listen to Podcasts frequently, and enjoy several of them--they provide me with information and entertainment on very specific subject matter that I'm very interested in, and would not get to listen to otherwise (stuff they'd never cover on the radio). Additionally, I love to write reviews, but have little time to do so. Due mostly to work responsibilities, I am notorious for falling way behind on reviews (like the one I'm going to finally be posting on the AKG Hearo 999 wireless headphone system that is about one year behind my originally planned release date), and a Podcast will hopefully let me get short, concise reviews out about many of the many products I get to beta test, buy, use, and borrow. I also have regular occasion to talk to folks in the industry about a lot of interesting stuff (well, interesting to diehard Head-Fi'ers anyway), and I'd like some outlet to share that with the four or five of you in the community who might also be interested in that
wink.gif

Anyway, that's the deal on this. I have no experience in recording, and am going to be doing this with some embarrassingly simple gear, so pardon me in advance for any lack of production value. We'll see how this works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back