Head-Fi Podcast Episode 004: Interviews with HeadFest 2007 Exhibitors
Sep 20, 2007 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8
[size=large]Head-Fi Podcast Episode 004: Interviews with HeadFest 2007 Exhibitors

[/size]

[size=small]If you're an iTunes user who hasn't already subscribed to the Head-Fi Podcast, you can do so by click on the iTunes logo on Head-Fi (like the one above).[/size]

For those of you not using iTunes, please use the links below:

[size=xx-small] Head-Fi Podcast RSS Feed

Episode 004: Interviews with HeadFest 2007 Exhibitors
Direct Download
[/size]

This is part two of two of the long-overdue Head-Fi Podcast on-the-floor coverage of 2007 HeadFest. In this episode, I interview several of the 2007 HeadFest Exhibitors, asking them about their products and their Meet impressions.

Again, this episode (Episode 004) concludes the Head-Fi Podcast coverage of 2007 HeadFest (the 2007 International Head-Fi Meet in San Jose).

Thanks again to Joseph Cwik (Head-Fi username "joe") for his great help in putting Episodes 003 and 004 together.

[align=center](This Podcast was Sponsored in part by Sennheiser USA and HHB.)[/align]

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 8
Wow, Jude I know you said part 4 was coming soon but I thought you meant 5-6 weeks
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Keep up the great work, Thanks

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 8
Wow that was a great listen! Great stuff by all the vendors! A vendors list with some excerpts:

Westone - Doug - "This is an awesome community, and for those of you who are maybe kinda like fringe members, you GOTTA jump in, it is a blast"

Koss - Adam - "Michael Koss and our marketing department really have been paying attention to [Head-Fi] on and off and I think they decided that this time we just decided we needed to be here"

Head-Direct - Fang - "[O1 amplifier] manufacturer is PHD Inchiwa (sp?) University in China...like the MIT in United States"

HeadAmp - Justin - "For the past year it's probably been my most consistent seller" (IRT GS-1)

Empirical Audio - Steve - "we're trying to transition from the modding business to our own products...which start at the output of the computer...and extend through the DAC"

AKG - Mike - "Right around the time the K1000 was discontinued there was a huge clamoring for it...I think we've done some work towards basically creating a successor to that product..."

Sennheiser - Eric - "THE HD700 DOES NOT EXIST!"

HeadRoom - Tyll - "Todd's room was party central, Todd brought an enormous amount of a variety of types of Belgian beer and of course the Florida contingent radared it out immediately..."

Kryophysics - Craig - "[can be modded]...all the way to the point where this $150 CD player is now at about $1600" (IRT to Oppo 970HD)

Ultrasone - Steffenee - "my title is Vice President of Sales & Marketing so my job is to spread of the word of Ultrasone"

ALO Audio - Ken - "hopefully my legs won't give out"

Benchmark Media - Matthew - "[DAC1 USB is also] a high-current zero-Ohm headphone amplifier"

Singlepower Audio - Mikhail - "[Square Wave] is all discrete, it's MOSFET...what we tried to do is get the best of the tube sound that we're used to and normally make in all our products, and bring solid-state into the picture of the convenience and precision of solid-state"

Shure - Matt - "the meet has blown away my expectations"

Woo Audio - Jack - "I'm actually receiving [WA5] orders already"

Ultimate Ears - Mike - "to be accepted by the community, and to really come here and this is as much as an education for us as a social event...I'm a music nut myself so it's a great way to blow my mind open so I just wanted to thank everybody in the community...for really walking us through and kinda holding our hands and teaching us and bringing us into the fold"

Ray Samuels Audio - Ray - "Well all I can say Jude is that I believe I talked alot [laughs]" (IRT to Saturday's amp panel)

Stefan AudioArt - James - "For this meet I was able to introduce the new Endorphin for the 650s which is also going to be used for the 600...geared more towards high-end and serious listening"

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 8
Excellent!
Two Podcasts in a row...

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent!
Two Podcasts in a row...

I actually nearly missed this one since I didn't expect it for another few weeks or so.

Either way, it was a very interesting listen again. Thanks all for making it happen!

Sep 29, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks very much for the podcast - really enjoyable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back