Head-Fi Photo Game!
Nov 16, 2005 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Okay,

I've seen some absolutely fantastic photos of people's gear, and I'm totally in awe of the shots IronLion took at the NYC meet.

_MG_0400.jpg

I've seen these contests/games run pretty well on another forum and thought it'd be great to have one here.

I've seen some pretty complicated (and fun) games, but since this is my first here, let's keep it pretty simple. There will be two parts:

Part 1: Nominations.

Anyone is free to submit a photo that they think can win as "best Head-fi photo". Just post a link in this thread. The topic ought to be, well, headphones or related gear. Other than being related to that, you guys are free to submit what you think might win "best photo". Anyone is able to submit any photo - it doesn't have to be the photographer, but photographers are definitely encouraged to post their photos.

Part 2: Voting.

After we get enough photos - say 15, I'll post a voting thread. The selection of photos will be pretty much first come first served - though I might set a hard "close" date in case it takes too long to get 15, or expand it out if there's a lot of response. I think I will cap the "nomination" phase at no more than 4 days.

Voting will be open for 4 days once all the submissions are in. In this voting thread, anyone can participate by voting. Each voter will be allocated a number of points equal to the number of photos in the contest (e.g., 15 points). Voters can allocate their points any way they choose - in other words, all 15 points to one photo if they think that it's the absolute best, or 4 points here, 3 points there, 8 points to the one they think is the best. After voting is closed after 4 days, the winner is the photo with the most points.

The Prize:

There is none.
icon10.gif
It's just for fun.
icon10.gif
Well, maybe pride.

athw10a.jpg

(Just one of my favorites I took of my gear - but I won't be participating in this game.)

Anyway, just remember, this game is for fun! A lot of the time, the winner of these games aren't what you'd imagine - so don't take it too seriously. Still, I hope you guys submit tons of great photos!

Best,

-Jason

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 28
jjcha, great idea. I also like IronLion's photos very much. Some other members' photos I've seen such as Rhydon's are also excellent. To those taking great-looking pics: I appreciate them very much.

I'd like to offer as a prize a black zipper headphone case suitable for use for Grado/Alessandro headphones. Most will fit except for the RS-1 and MS-Pro, whose pads will get compressed.

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 28
I saw a lot of Canon DSLRs at the past NYC meet
biggrin.gif
His camera was 20D and 17-40L lens. There's a reason why it's an L lens. It's pretty damn sharp.

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 28
I think this is a great idea. I'm not a very good photographer, but I do enjoy looking at good pictures. One idea I was having is if you have a huge response, you can random the pictures and do a voting of "which one is better of the two" And narrow the pictures down to the two best ones.

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 28
I will nominate a photo taken by Spektrograf at the SF Mini-Maxi Meet last month. It is great composition and beautiful lines. The EarMaxPro AE, with a RudiStor RP6-DQ in the background and some blue cables arching over them. Sweet pic.
icon10.gif

HeadFi_SF_16_Small.jpg

Nov 16, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
... and I'm totally in awe of the shots IronLion took at the NYC meet.

Me too. I currently host and have posted some of his NY pics as full size Wallpaper here:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...12#post1723912

Aren’t 15 photos and 4 days a little short?

I would probably vote for the Orpheus tubes:

[click for larger version]

And for the sake of it the most popular of my very first steps:

They all and more can be found in the Wallpaper thread.

Cheers

Nov 17, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #10 of 28
R10_BOOK_COVER.jpg
R10_BOOK.jpg

R10_7.jpg
R10_2.jpg

R10_3.jpg
HP2_3.jpg

PS1_3.jpg

He used to have a macro-shot fetish and hey, I owe him one
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 28
Macro is nice. Can't be Rushed when working that close. I think I will play Moving Pictures in your honor, NP. [What a nice sister you have
eggosmile.gif
]

DJ's B&W also very nice.

Spek demands respekt.

IronLion has a good eye.

Where are all the other beautiful Head-Fi pics? I thought the 15 pic limit would be consumed in hours.
confused.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #12 of 28
Here's a picture that Thaddy and I took at his place
wink.gif

IMG_0716.JPG

Nov 22, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #13 of 28
Bump?

Wow, the picts submitted are fantastic, but I would have thought we would have gotten a flood of photos! Well, maybe head-fi isn't as much of a "game" forum as some others... (though that music game in the music forum is awful long...)

Best,

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back