head-Fi.org: please help me
Nov 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

David.M

500+ Head-Fier
I am pretty new to this so i need some assistance.

I just bought the Musiland Monitor 01 US for my beyer dt880's (250ohm). It's a DAC and suppose to have a built in amp which helps considerably.

this is how it looks

mon01_us_01.jpg

mon01_us_02.jpg

someone recommended me to use that and he said i can use it as a DAC only so that i can upgrade to better amp.

well i actually have saved enough and now can afford the Little Dot MKIII.

so I'm wondering what cables I would i need. where should i hook up my headphones, to the monitor 01 or the MKIII

and would this wire work ?

Amazon.com: Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug/2-RCA Plugs (6ft): Electronics

thanks for ur help

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 2
That cable will work, but would not be your best choice to use unless you already have it. You don't need a Y adapter as you can try to pick up regular RCA audio cables from anywhere. They connect to the red and white plugs beside the mini jack that you are wanting to connect to and then to the jacks on your amp. Red is the right channel (R) and white is the left channel (L) for your headphones (two channels are one for each ear).

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-PureAV-...9161201&sr=1-4

You don't actually need the yellow plug you see on some pairs of RCA since you are not planning on needing it for a video device in this case. BJC (bluejeanscable.com) has some at a decent price, belkin works fine too or even monoprice cables will work though for RCA they could have a more snug fit.

Go cheap so that you can start saving for a better DAC so that you only have to use that as an adapter for USB to optical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back