Head-Fi Lo-Fi: basics & the joy of music
Jun 3, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 31
I have to use my stock bose car stereo everyday. My poor ears.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
Just only listen to talk radio :p

Never! You're better off just listening to static. At least static has zero listening value. Most talk radio has negative value, it detracts from the total sum of human knowledge. Just avoid that playground of the ultra reactionary crowd.
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #23 of 31
My "crappiest system" is Clip+ > MDR-Q68LW (modded and EQ-ed). It is always with me at the bottom of my message bag.

If modding breaks this thread rules, then I would be happy with PK3.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #24 of 31
My worst system is my car stereo. All of the speakers are crackling, the back two I had to unhook completely they had gotten so bad. They sound like crap, and only electronic music is acceptable to listen to. But I still turn it on every time I get in my car, because I love music.

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #26 of 31
I use a pair of JVC HAFX-66 air cushions that I picked up from Amazon for $17 straight out of the Zen Vision: W with some regularity. That would be my portable and physical labor system. But that's still leaps and bounds ahead of my car audio. Stock stereo and speakers in a 1992 Toyota Camry... And yet, still enjoyable when playing The Allman Brothers or The Jerry Garcia Band while cruising through the Catskill mountains.

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #29 of 31
While none of my components are near Hi-Fi, and I am used to growing up listening to s--t sources, I can enjoy music on almost anything. I only really joined here to point me in a semi better direction. I love music, and do like when it sounds better, but as long as I am "feeling" the music, I can listen to it on anything. 

Jun 19, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #30 of 31
One of the most enjoyable listening sessions I've ever had was with my Samsung U2 and Sennheiser CX300 listening to Acoustic Alchemy's "Beautiful Game" album. Pure magic.

Quote:
angle_sh00ter said:

Ipod Touch with 320kbps mp3 music and my Ultrasone Pro750.  It sounds damn good too...

Well, that's not exactly a low-fi setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back