Head-fi is subtle
Nov 6, 2005 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

K2Grey

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

After seeing someone's signature about how much money head-fi had caused him to spend, I reviewed my own audio gear purchases and concluded that, at least for now, I had successfully resisted the power of head-fi, since my rig is cheap (aka not so good). But then, I realized that while my audio gear purchases were minimal, head-fi had managed to cause me to buy a total of some 12 CDs, the total cost of them combined being some disturbingly high value. So even though you were not able to get me to buy expensive audio equipment (although M-Audio Audiophile USB + Xin SuperMini-3 + Etymotic Er-4p seems nice...) you managed to attack me from the back with audio music purchases. I guess that's the accepted best way to spend money: music, then headphones, then source, then amp, then ICs... but still I would like to say this:

Damn you, head-fi!

P.S. Fiction by Yuki Kajiura is _really_ nice :p

P.P.S. There's also another thing, it's that TOLD, thanks for interest!

Nov 6, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 6
12 CDs is nothing really, unless they were MFSL or something. There was one lecture in my music history class that caused me to buy 12 CDs.

Nov 6, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by fante7
12 CDs is nothing really, unless they were MFSL or something. There was one lecture in my music history class that caused me to buy 12 CDs.

Don't encourage him now...
wink.gif

RESIST it while you can!
icon10.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #4 of 6
The fact that you're still here and starting a thread is not a good sign. Yeah, you're not outa the woods yet. Denial is the first stage. It might start w/ CDs but it won't be long before you're looking around your house, trying to figure out what you can sell so you can score that oxygen-free mini-mini cable. Yeah. This is just the start. I don't see any way out for you. Sorry man.
biggrin.gif

CPW

Nov 6, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Don't encourage him now...
wink.gif

RESIST it while you can!
icon10.gif

Also, sorry if my original comment came off negatively, I meant it more tongue in cheek.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back