Head-fi is slow?!
Dec 6, 2010 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

apatN

Headphoneus Supremus
I could type a lot about this but the title of this thread sums it all up. Head-fi is so slow right now that Firefox (and IE) sometimes gets unresponsive for a few seconds when I am opening a new tab or something like that. The new platform has its problems but this slowness is new to me.

Am I the only one with this problem? Will it be fixed?

Dec 6, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #5 of 59
Nick-
I don't notice it being any slower than other sites at the moment. Maybe it's going through Switzerland to get to you and all that Wikileak traffic is slowing it down.  (Just kidding of course)

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #7 of 59
I don't think Jude will be fearing wikileaks very soon. :wink:

Other sites are remarkably smoother and faster than head-fi recently. It can't be my system either as it's pretty fast and stable and Windows was freshly installed (Apple lovers don't try, ye be warned).
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 59
Then could the issue be one or more specific ads? 

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 59
I noticed this too. Using Chrome on a new-ish laptop. 2.53ghz i5. 

25+ mbps DL speed. It's just a little laggier than usual. I think it's the forum type. I don't know how to explain it. Other forums load much faster. Other websites using the sam eformat as Head-Fi seem laggy as well.

Side note: Head-Fi is the worst website I have ever tried to view on my iPod touch. I wish it worked more smoothly. 

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #11 of 59
vBulletin is great. I wonder if there is a will/way to switch? I wish it was possible to just use an offline program to browse all forums, like Thunderbird does for all email. Anyone know what I mean? Like an RSS client.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #13 of 59

Quote:
I could type a lot about this but the title of this thread sums it all up. Head-fi is so slow right now that Firefox (and IE) sometimes gets unresponsive for a few seconds when I am opening a new tab or something like that. The new platform has its problems but this slowness is new to me.

Am I the only one with this problem? Will it be fixed?

Good call. Thought it was Firefox with the add-ons that I run but other sites aren't this slow. Began maybe 3/4 weeks ago I think..

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #14 of 59
Hmm.. tried visiting a site on the iphone 4, and once I entered a thread, there was noticeable lag in site scrolling. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back