Head-fi is slow?!
Jun 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #46 of 59
Well I might have the answer . While I was able to see all the tags and cookies I have to say my mind "wasnt on the ball" as its taken me this long to find out my browser can block just about anything. buried in the detail of changes that can be made are the ability to block cookies and java script. BUT they come with big disadvantages you cant move in Head-Fi without allowing cookies[which I have done] but on disabling java script -all of a sudden it didnt take long to change pages but it too has its disadvantages not only on this web site [trouble changing forums] but a least now I know that it is java script that is slowing down Head-Fi. I also[without my consent ]have had Head-Fi -search engine added as a plug in to my browser[although I can delete it ] - I like to be asked or told its part of the deal of using Head-Fi ? Any remarks Administrator? I checked and you have put it back in so I deleted it again. Whats going on?

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #47 of 59
Quote:
Well I might have the answer . While I was able to see all the tags and cookies I have to say my mind "wasnt on the ball" as its taken me this long to find out my browser can block just about anything. buried in the detail of changes that can be made are the ability to block cookies and java script. BUT they come with big disadvantages you cant move in Head-Fi without allowing cookies[which I have done] but on disabling java script -all of a sudden it didnt take long to change pages but it too has its disadvantages not only on this web site [trouble changing forums] but a least now I know that it is java script that is slowing down Head-Fi. I also[without my consent ]have had Head-Fi -search engine added as a plug in to my browser[although I can delete it ] - I like to be asked or told its part of the deal of using Head-Fi ? Any remarks Administrator? I checked and you have put it back in so I deleted it again. Whats going on?

Almost every site on the inner-tubes is doing this now - I don't see this as a big deal.

What *is* a big deal is the shear volume of crap (er, I mean ads) Head-Fi is loading around content sections on every page.  It's reached a point where I am routinely seeing Chrome (on Mac OS) hang when I try to scroll after initial page load.  I am not kidding and while this may be a Google Chrome issue, Head-Fi is the only site that causes issues for me with Chrome.

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #48 of 59
Yes I am seeing same issue when loading HeadFi with Chrome.

Now I have to switch to Safari when browsing HeadFi.  Not big deal but still a little painful.
Quote:

Almost every site on the inner-tubes is doing this now - I don't see this as a big deal.

What *is* a big deal is the shear volume of crap (er, I mean ads) Head-Fi is loading around content sections on every page.  It's reached a point where I am routinely seeing Chrome (on Mac OS) hang when I try to scroll after initial page load.  I am not kidding and while this may be a Google Chrome issue, Head-Fi is the only site that causes issues for me with Chrome.

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #50 of 59
Windows 7 Professional service pack 1 all latest updates--   Intel 3770K O/C 4.5       --Yandex browser--using Chrome in part. Head-Fi  is one of only a few this happens to of the many I post on or browse.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #51 of 59
Quote:
Those of you experiencing this slowness in loading Head-Fi pages, what OS (and version) and browser (with version) are you using?  I'm trying to recreate this slowness issue so we can get it properly documented for the tech team.

Just an update to let you know that I am still experiencing hangs just loading my subscriptions page w/ Chrome (latest version) on Mac OS (latest version of Mountain Lion).  It start to load, hangs and then Chrome offers to kill the unresponsive page - it never completes loading.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Just an update to let you know that I am still experiencing hangs just loading my subscriptions page w/ Chrome (latest version) on Mac OS (latest version of Mountain Lion).  It start to load, hangs and then Chrome offers to kill the unresponsive page - it never completes loading.

Which options are turned on on your subscriptions page? (Head-Gear / Forums / Articles / Profiles)  I am trying to recreate the issue for the tech team, but have not had the issue occur as of yet.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #53 of 59
Quote:

Which options are turned on on your subscriptions page? (Head-Gear / Forums / Articles / Profiles)  I am trying to recreate the issue for the tech team, but have not had the issue occur as of yet.

I didn't know there were any options :)  Whatever the default are, I guess.  I see that Summary View is checked and 'Forums' and 'Profiles' are green.  Head Gear and Articles are gray.  Hope that helps.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #56 of 59
I am experiencing problems when trying to go to the next page in a thread. If you click on one of the numbered buttons at the bottom of the current viewed
page, it does nothing. If you click on the "next" button same result. I can refresh the page and still no joy. Does not happen all the time but ofter enough
to be very irritating.

Using Winblows 7 64 SP1/Firefox v.21.0

Jul 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #58 of 59
Thanks for the quick reply, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Seems the problem has gone away. Not sure what happened
but I am good to go now.

Thanks,

Barry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back