Head-Fi is killing me. :)
Mar 17, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #16 of 30
This post was mostly a continuation of discussions this week between myself, my wife and many helpful and friendly Head-Fiers about headphones to match her listening desires.

For the folks with a problem over my post, If I wanted to stoop to your level, I could suggest a place for you to stick your comments.

However, since I'm trying to stay a helpful member of the forums, I'm going to make a suggestion based purely on my concern for your health:

Please take the stick out of the location you imagine I would have asked you to put your comments. It can't be healthy to keep it jammed up there all tight and whatnot, and it's certainly affecting your mood.

I worry about you. Don't make me call your mother.

Mar 17, 2004 at 11:42 AM Post #17 of 30
ok.. since this thread is starting to wander off the topic, better get it back together again...
anyway..
so, that Sennheiser 595, do you think its comparable to A900 ? i mean is it considered within the same class headphone ?
since those senn 5XX series are quite new, i dont really know so much about them...

about A900, i wanna know what other headphones are considered as the same "class" level with A900 ?

Mar 17, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 30
It looks like the box has changed since I got my A900's over a year ago. Doesn't change the sound, though..........
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 12:43 PM Post #19 of 30
i will probably just throw the box away.... especially im asking my friend to get it from japan... (the box is big and takes up a lot of luggage space)...
its only a carton box anyway right ?
if i had it, it would probably just collecting dust on the shelf somewhere...

Mar 17, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #20 of 30
I like that carton. It opens like a book and has nice pretty pictures. Makes me feel like a kid and the headphone a toy.
biggrin.gif
Keeping the box may also increase resell value? Resell you say? There is a chance you don't like them.

Mar 17, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #21 of 30
stark23x
HI: Congrats on the new A900. I would like to read a post on the A/B of the A900-595 cans. I guess the A900 are fore you and the 595 are fore your wife. I think its great that you both are into high-fi and can talk to each other about it. A lot of use can only do that here because we have no one else to talk or tell about it. Please don't take the heat that some might try to put on you. Try to enjoy head-fi and let some of the comments not get to you. I am glad you posted the new buy of the A900 because I know you also have the 595 in your family and can do a great post on the two cans. Good luck and be happy.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #22 of 30
lan is absolutely right.

Keeping boxes pays big time when you try to sell them off Ebay, headwize or here.

-Mike

Mar 17, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Chambers
What does it mean to a/b?

It's basically blind testing...where you don't know what you're testing. In the case of headphones or speakers, you wouldn't know the components being used.

This rules out all preconceived notions, so you get an accurate opinion of what sound you like better.

Mar 17, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by NightRaven
A/B'ing is simply doing a direct comparison isn't it? Blind testing is a little more rigorous and much more difficult to accomplish using headphones (since you can feel them...)

Hmm. You're right. I was referring to blind a/b testing.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Superbaldguy
It looks like the box has changed since I got my A900's over a year ago. Doesn't change the sound, though..........
biggrin.gif

Does your A900 have a little dot on the back of the left cup...?

Mar 17, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by br--
If everyone posted in this forum every time they purchased headphones, all of the interesting and informative posts would be sparse and difficult to find.

Huh? Maybe the interesting posts would be buried, but the informative ones already are. :)

-Chris

Mar 18, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by harkamus
Back to the topic...I've always wondered where Audiotechnica cans are made in. I would assume Japan? I was considering the A900s.

I think all AT phones are made in Japan... At least the A900 and the ATH-EM9r that I had/have are made in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back