Head-Fi IEM posts appreciation (SCL4's)
May 14, 2010 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mAurelius

New Head-Fier
My first post here...I just wanted to do a quick appreciation thread for all your knowledge on here. Specifically as it relates to IEM's this Forum renewed my love for my IEM's.

Here's the story...I have the SCL4's that I bought about a year ago, and I tried a whole bunch of sleeves finally settling on the Tri-Flanges modded to a Bi-Flange by cutting off the tip. Mainly because of how easy they were to get in and out and they made a good seal. I kind of forgot about all the other tips and moved on.

Well, the last few months I've kind of decided I don't like them anymore...I wasn't getting the bass I hoped for, and was facing some serious harshness in the treble and (now I know this term thanks to you guys) Sibilance that made some of my music unlistenable.

I stumbled across this forum and read some posts on E4C's (the same essentially) and SCL4's and decided to pull out my other sleeves again. Lo-and-behold, after trying the black foamies again and shoving them in my ear further, the incredible sound everyone talks about with these came to life! 

I have bass, and I have no more treble harshness and Sibilance. They sound incredible now!!!

Just another vote here for, "if you don't like your IEM's, try some different Sleeves".

I'm also starting to get more into this whole world now...probably going to pull the trigger on some mid-range full-size headphones soon (looking at the Sennheiser HD 595's). Thanks to all for your amazing advice!

May 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 2
Yea I really like the SCL4.  These really sound great with a perfect fit.  I am really lucky that the small silicon sleeves fit in my ears perfectly making an almost completely airtight seal.  When I am doing any activities that make them come out a bit I notice an immediate change in the sound when the seal is gone.  I'm sure they aren't as good as some higher priced IEMs, but for how much I paid, and for the 20-30 minutes of portable listening I do per day they are perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back