Head-fi; I need your help!! Unique Melody being very unresponsive to emails.
Jun 25, 2011 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

irjoe

100+ Head-Fier
Hello members of Head-fi, I'm coming to you guys with some need of advise.
I don't think my situation should cause a lot of panic, but as of right now, I am a little concerned and in need of getting other opinions regarding my situation.

Disclaimer: This is kind of a long story but I'll try to explain it in a short yet comprehensive manner. Please bear with me. If you have any questions, whether it's about the emails I've received, or things I've not mentioned, ask away.

Back Story:
Around September of 2009, I had my super.fi 5 pro's remolded from unique melody (Kind of new back then), through exchanging numerous emails with Sam (for those who remember him; his English wasn't the best, but He was a great guy who promptly responded back to emails, and was very helpful).

Despite being a little anxious (My first big investment back then, not to mention the business was done internationally, and had plenty of things to worry about), Sam was very thoughtful and updated me periodically with the repair and emailed me once they were finished. When the customs shipped, he emailed me a tracking number with his paypal address for the payment. There were no problems and I had my customs in my hands mid October.

A few months after getting my customs, I had the misfortune of cracking the right ear piece when someone bumped into my shoulder while I was longboarding. The customs were hanging around my neck and resting on my shoulder when the impact happened (Kind of hard to explain, but that's what happened.) Because the crack didn't affect the acoustics, I decided to keep it without sending it to repair.

Only this time, I finally cracked the shell when I accidentally knocked the customs off my desk onto the ground.
I contacted Stephen Guo from custom-iem.com for the repair and he gave me a request form to fill out and accompany my broken IEM's and new impressions. The package was sent straight to China, where Unique Melody's office is located. This was sent out on April 19th, 2011.

What has happened till now:
When I sent out my customs to UM for a remold + artwork, I was currently in Europe on an exchange program in The Netherlands. Because I was quite busy with schoolwork and traveling, I was not able to fully keep my focus on the repairing process of the IEMS. Plus, because my experience with UM the first time around was pleasant, I had no reason to think this repair process would prove otherwise.

When my package arrived in their office (19th, May 2011). UM sent out an email confirming that they have received my package and were working on the repair. They told me to wait 20 days.

On 4th of June, they emailed me by saying they have finished my customs but were missing the artwork I requested with the remold. I just assumed they misplaced my email with the .rar including the artwork, so I promptly emailed them another copy.

I waited 2 weeks before sending out my first email(18th, June, 2011) asking for the status of my customs. When I didn't receive any reply, I have been periodically emailed them (around once every two weeks) asking for some sort of reply or update, but I have not received any emails or responses from the UM office in China.

It has been 2 months, and I am starting to get a little worried.
I have sent a few emails to both Stephen and UM (um@uniquemelody.org) inquiring updates on my customs, but have not received much information:

Stephen in his last email wrote this little piece to me:

Quote:
They are not responsive to me either at this moment because they are really occupied, and preparing for a major moving as well. 

Try email them again. ~

Sorry that I can't do much to help.

I understand that they may be busy with the move, but as a customer, I feel ignored and left in the dark. Couldn't they have at least emailed me assuring me that the customs are delayed for a few weeks because of their move?

I am growing weary of the lack of communication and the whereabouts of my customs. Furthermore, I was a little shocked at Stephen's email. It was not assuring at all, and made him seem more disjunct from the actual UM in China.

What should I do Head-fi?

Thanks for reading all the way through.

TL;DR: Sent customs to UM China for repair, waiting 2+ months and not receiving any messages regarding the status of my customs. What should I do?

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 2
First of all, on behalf of Unique Melody we are sorry to hear that this hasn't been a pleasant experience for you and that it has come to this.

Send us all your details with as much info/back ground on your order, tracking id, colours, distributor you ordered through etc as you can, as well as any exchanged emails.

We'll try and get some answers and sort you out mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back