Head-Fi Houston Fall Meet: Saturday - October 20th, 2018 @ Looscan Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #46 of 57
I wish all of you a good time but have to withdraw from my displaying on Saturday. You may have have heard that we are having some flooding here Austin, I live on Lake Travis and we passed the 703 flood stage early this morning, the road to the house will be underwater this evening and there is water flowing in the lower shop and studio now.

What will miss is that I won't be bringing my new Black DAC to go along the my records, turntable, Black Swan preamp and Black Amp headphone magnifier, an lightening to other offerings, What I will miss is showing you my prototype Concept Amplifier with over 600 output transistors, Class-A, no feedback, current mode gain, and no change in distortion with frequency performance. By next year I will be producing a 100-watt per channel version and there will be no 'saw it first" thrill. It is the Black Amp scaled up from headphone to loudspeakers, especially planars.

Check with Karthick at Audeze and his new stuff and say hello for me. I will miss chatting with him.

See you next year

Barry Thornton
AustinAudioWorks.com

I had not heard about this - stay safe over there Barry, we know what flooding is like.

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #47 of 57
Wow, stay safe and good luck in Austin. Keeping my fingers crossed for it not to get worse.

For everyone who can make it, I look forward to meeting you all. This is my first Headfi meet and I can't wait to meet some like-minded people/check out some awesome gear!

Oct 20, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #50 of 57
A few hours left!:)

@barryt if @KMann no longer responds to you, just let one of us know that you need help.:wink:

For those who will be at the meet, make sure you are bringing EVERY SINGLE THING THAT YOU WILL NEED. Otherwise, you will be truly SOL, as me and @verycoolalan will bring only what we need. For those thinking about attending the meet, it is $10 for every person, unless you already signed up with us in advance, then it is $5 for new members and free for existing members.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #53 of 57
DSC03063 (2).JPG DSC03148 (2).JPG

Was a fun day. Link to the pics below.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.921156584742576&type=1&l=22eb022bba

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #55 of 57
Sorry for my absence yesterday guys. I had car trouble in the morning that I had to get resolved so I could make the trip back down to Corpus Christi today.

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #56 of 57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back