Head-fi Hiatus
Dec 30, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #16 of 31
Man, good luck and best wishes on your journey. I just go to mini-meets to listen to all the Cans you went through. Wow. Would have kept the RS-1's. They are magical to me.

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a small world. Purchased a new pair of MS2i for Magnum conversion anticipation.

LOL! I guess that the hiatus didn't last long..

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #21 of 31
Have a glorious welcome back and a I told you so.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #22 of 31
Yes, I agree you don't have to buy anything anymore and still stick around.
I don't have the latest Senheiser HD 800 headphone and while I'm sure it's a great headphone I have no desire really to buy anything headphone related. I'm more interested in buying more records and CDs and other hobbies.

Head phone gear does not have to be addictive. For a few hundred dollars or less than $1000, you can get a great headphone set up and not worry about the other stuff unless you are very very particular about certain things in head phone audio.

Just enjoy the music and hang out in the lounge. Don't think too much about headphone stuff. Enjoy other pleasures in life.

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a small world. Purchased a new pair of MS2i for Magnum conversion anticipation.

I suppose you missed all of the Head-Fi anonymous meetings?
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #24 of 31
Welcome back, Alpha!!! What news do you bring of the outside world?

This thread reminds me of all the other hobbies I am putting off! Somehow, I feel that by getting into a new hobby, I will end up spending more than just sticking here. Mixing/DJ isn't all that expensive is it??
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyItsBattleKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome back, Alpha!!! What news do you bring of the outside world?

This thread reminds me of all the other hobbies I am putting off! Somehow, I feel that by getting into a new hobby, I will end up spending more than just sticking here. Mixing/DJ isn't all that expensive is it??
frown.gif

I've thought of this as a guilty hobby. A pc, wireless receivers, amps and speakers. Better yet, provide everybody cordless headphones. Could you see everybody groovin with no noise?

May 16, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #29 of 31
Let's see how the second round last.  Those whose paths have crossed know how to contact me.  All else have fun and try to be in control in this insane hobby. 

Those members who are genuine musicians/artists, I envy you.  Members who are students and have this insane hobby financed by your parents, them knowing or not, show your appreciation in one way or another.  Those who demonstrated extreme bigotry need to thing outside of their own feeble mind.  Extreme posters should have a more balanced life.  All of this is of course my opinion, and sorry, any subsequent thread post(s) shall not be accompanied by a response from me.

I sure miss the old head-fi before it got really commercialized and really slowed down my browser. 

Over and out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back