Head-Fi Front Page
Oct 15, 2001 at 10:15 PM Post #16 of 26
Well moo,the avatar only works if you post A LOT.Can't have a slacker flying the banner

BTW-nice front page,I always liked the "news" at HeadWize and set it as my homepge so i would not miss anything.And I think the store was maybe a little too obscure the other way,at least for the non regular or (the horror) those who do not visit the "lounge" .Poor them
biggrin.gif

Anyway,new homepage for the rickmeister
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 26
...just wait til i have administrative access...bwwaaahaaahaa... cow's everywhere... don't look behind--- ack! what was that?
very_evil_smiley.gif

anyhow, i do have a suggestion. can you add a link on the forum page to get to the main page?

Oct 16, 2001 at 12:30 AM Post #19 of 26
aw.....

(group hug)

WAIT - break it up.......before Tyll (todd?) gets here...........I hope he hasn't had beans lately.......
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 4:31 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

coolvij said...

WAIT - break it up.......before Tyll (todd?) gets here...........I hope he hasn't had beans lately.......
biggrin.gif

That would be Tyll. And that's why I always stay upwind!
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2001 at 8:21 AM Post #22 of 26
Jude,

I have a suggestion. I noticed that under the words "Other Technologies/Formats" in the forum section there is a blank space.

Could you possibly make a link to:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/search...&action=getnew

Newest Posts...

That would make things a lot easier!

Also, another suggestion why not setup forums.head-fi.* to forward people to http://www.head-fi.org/forums/. That would give people a quick and convenient way to access the forums.

Keep up the good work!

Oct 19, 2001 at 10:50 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
How about an optional high bandwidth flash intro with cool sound effects and a wicked techno beat.

LOL! Though these ideas haven't been considered (yet), I have already been thinking of groovy ways to make the front page better. One of our lurking members e-mailed me with some good suggestions (which reminds me, I haven't replied to thank him). For a little while at least, the front page will remain in its current format.

Oct 20, 2001 at 2:09 AM Post #26 of 26
Hey jude,

I agree with the above thoughts on the simplicity of the front-page. Well set out, easy to read, LOADS QUICKLY! All very important.

I found one small glitch(?). I went direct into the Members' Lounge from the frontpage and found that there was nowhere to log-in to reply to this post. Had to back up to the front-page, go to the forums home-page to log-in, and then come back to the Lounge to reply (I do realise you can go direct from the Lounge to the forums homepage but it's not all that obvious, especially if you were a newbie Head-Fier). Would it be possible to put a log-in somewhere on the front-page, or alternatively at the bottom of each forum page?

Cheers
Hamsta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back