Head-Fi Dreamcast Fans Unite!
May 31, 2006 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
Any other Dreamcast fans here? I've had a Dreamcast 5 times, and I'm going to be getting another one for the summer. The DC has such an awesome range of games, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Ikaruga, how I miss you...

May 31, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 42
SOULLLLLLLLLLLL CALIBURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

biggrin.gif

May 31, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
SOULLLLLLLLLLLL CALIBURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

biggrin.gif

THAT WAS THE BEST ONE.

The SC on DC was umatched by its successors...

And I don't care what anyone else said, Sonic Adventure was GREAT. I imported it and a Dreamcast with no knowledge of Japanese at all, and STILL enjoyed the heck out of it. Hah, though the storyline I came up with was actually much more interesting than the real one.

May 31, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 42
I might be in the minority here but Sonic Adventure 2 KICKED ASS! Samba De Amigo was amazing as well, anyone ever get it?

May 31, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 42
Wetrix FTMFW

House of the dead 2, Soul Calibre and Shenmue also.

My Dreamcast is sitting in a box somewhere, you make me want to dig it all out.

May 31, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Wetrix FTMFW

House of the dead 2, Soul Calibre and Shenmue also.

My Dreamcast is sitting in a box somewhere, you make me want to dig it all out.

Oh man, House of the Dead 2 is such a classic game, I have vivid memories of me and a friend playing it, both with lightguns. Such cheesy acting as well:

"G's blood..."
"No! Don't come!"

etc...

May 31, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 42
Dreamcast was ahead of its time, and nobody wanted one.

I've always wanted to get one. Specifically revision 1, because that allows all "homebrew" to be used.

May 31, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 42
Dreamcast was a great little system. I couldn't stand HOTD2 though. I was a pretty hardcore arcade gamer, and the lack of accuracy on the lightgun drove me nuts on the home version. VF3TB was amusing, but it just played too differently from arcade version...

Now that I think about it, what kept me on that system was Sega Rally. It didn't have the depth of gameplay as the arcade version, but with all the cars and tracks, yup lots of hours playing that.

Never got into Soul Calibur... I remember playing the original (when it was called Soul Edge) a lot in the arcades, but after the first FOTM three weeks or so, we ended up going back to VF2...

Best,

-Jason

May 31, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
THAT WAS THE BEST ONE.

The SC on DC was umatched by its successors...

And I don't care what anyone else said, Sonic Adventure was GREAT. I imported it and a Dreamcast with no knowledge of Japanese at all, and STILL enjoyed the heck out of it. Hah, though the storyline I came up with was actually much more interesting than the real one.

soul caliber 3 on ps2 destroys it though.

May 31, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #11 of 42
I bought my Dreamcast the week it died just so I could play Jet Set Radio. It was totally worth it though, that game is still really fun.

Any advice on the best place to buy games for it now? There are a lot of other games that I am interested in playing, like Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia and Power Stone.

May 31, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 42
Ikaruga is good on the Dreamcast, but Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn was frickin great. One of the best shooters out there imo.

May 31, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #13 of 42
I've owned more systems than I care to mention, but the DC is one of my favourites, and still the best controller I've ever used! (Prove me wrong Wii)

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #14 of 42
still have it, and i have Street Fighter III:Third Strike on it, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and Capcom vs. SNK 2...and of course, Soul Calibur. I even have Virtua On: Ontaro Tagram or whatever, and Tech Romancer, and Macross Plus (or is it zero? or something...) blah blah blah...

let's put it this way - this was the last system i had before i got married. since then it's a wasteland of gaming here
mad.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #15 of 42
You mean the little white thing.... with the orange triangle on it?

I play mine all the time... If thats the one youre talking about???

Where can I get games for these?

Thanks,
Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back