Oct 10, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
wow you sure like to have your rapiers served on its own
lambda.gif

Ah, so that's what they are!
rs1smile.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #17 of 48
I've played WC III before but I've been hearing about DoTA lately and what exactly is that? Note: I havn't played online yet just campaign. So I'm probably not up to par with everyone in this game yet, due to the fact that the only bnet games I've played are Starcraft and WoW.

Edit: now that i think about it WoW isnt really bnet but its blizzard anyway.

Oct 10, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta
I've played WC III before but I've been hearing about DoTA lately and what exactly is that? Note: I havn't played online yet just campaign. So I'm probably not up to par with everyone in this game yet, due to the fact that the only bnet games I've played are Starcraft and WoW.

Edit: now that i think about it WoW isnt really bnet but its blizzard anyway.

DotA is a custom map for WC3, with its own enthusiast following and culture (ie. clans, tourneys, etc.) There are two teams, each with up to 5 players. Basically each player controls one hero and uses it to kill creeps, gain experience and gold, buy items, level up, tech your skills, etc. The goal is to kill the other team's base. But killing enemy heroes is where most of the fun is.

Oct 10, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #19 of 48
hmmm sounds interesting. I may need to go and pick up a copy of the game and see for myself. (played the first time through with the game borrowed from a friend across campus.) It seems like custom maps are always the most fun.

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #23 of 48
I'm up for some games this weekend. I'm on the eastern seaboard. Unfortunatly I have 2 midterms, 1 wing and beer night, 3 parties and 1 birthday I have to attend during that time period...so I appologize as I will probably be a little off my game
very_evil_smiley.gif

I haven't played -What yet, but I hear its entertaining. I would assume most people would be up for an -ap or -ar game?

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #24 of 48
I have TFT and I used to play a lot on bnet. I was pretty good at my time. Maybe I will connect again this weekend. You guys could create a channel called Head-Fi so we could just go there looking for online headfiers. My account name is hyamaiata as well, add me if you want. BTW, I like to play random solo games (sometimes team) only, I never liked those weird Dota games.

Oct 13, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #27 of 48
teerawit whispered hi today while i was playing DOTA as Jahnhunter, but i haven't played so long, i didn't know how to whisper back! my bad!

Oct 13, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #28 of 48
/w teerawit message.

Oct 13, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #30 of 48
gloco51

My friend introduced me to dota a few days and I had a blast playing it with him until the opponents started dropping.

I'll see what he's doing tonight, I'm getting that bnet itch again
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back