head-fi donations for hurricane katrina
Sep 2, 2005 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

mjg

Headphoneus Supremus
I feel like crap after reading all this stuff.

I have $20 to chip in. Can we all chip in $20 or somethign and donate it to people who need help? How does this work?

Sep 2, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 32
I want to donate money as well. I wonder where is the best website or organization to donate.

Sep 2, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
I want to donate money as well. I wonder where is the best website or organization to donate.

i dont know who to trust, yet with advoiding politics cuz head fi hates that, please someone help us pick a sponsor to donate money to, and let's accumualte money to donate.

Sep 2, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 32
I like americares but they arent on the lists provided by MSN or Apple. I already kicked in some dough to the Red Cross.

Americares doesnt have a minimum I think and isnt as bloated as the Red Cross. I used Americares for the Tsunami donation.

Sep 2, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 32
ok,

do we need some sort of raffle or something like tyrion is doing, or can we all just please donate?

how could this work? is it better to donate one lump some, or to donate individually... I don't see how this thread could be more then begging people to donate if there is no organized effort?

any ideas?

Sep 2, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
ok,

do we need some sort of raffle or something like tyrion is doing, or can we all just please donate?

how could this work? is it better to donate one lump some, or to donate individually... I don't see how this thread could be more then begging people to donate if there is no organized effort?

any ideas?

See this thread posted earlier today....it's a good start.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135002

Sep 2, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
Definitely NOT the Red Cross. They are beyond criminal.

Can you please elaborate? I was under the impression this was a solid place to donate.

Sep 2, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
shhhhh..

let it go.

acually, i want to know that too.

Sep 2, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #12 of 32
I think hes referring to the way they handled the 9/11 money. I was turned off by that too but couldnt find the link to americares so I donated to the Red Cross.

Sep 2, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #14 of 32
If you guys ever find out a good organization to donate the money, please post the link here.

Sep 2, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #15 of 32
Figure I would toss another plug here for tyrion's SR-71 raffle he has going on, which is now stickied here in the lounge. Donations up to $50, which will all go to (an as of yet undetermined) charity once all is said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back