Head-fi Austin - January 23 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #76 of 166
This is my first headfi meet that I plan on attending. I wanted to know what I should bring along to be prepared. I assume the best thing to do is bring along a familiar source(preferably the one you always use) so you are able to plug in and get an idea as to what to expect at home. Any tips are appreciated.

James

In addition to my own source, I also always bring a USB and/or microSD card w/ adapter with music I know by heart.  If bringing your own source, obviously bring all the possible connections/adapters you might have on hand--you never know what you might need.

Most important thing to bring is an open mind; check your biases at the door.  When I've gone to meets in the past with high expectations of such-and-such, I've been let down and/or missed out on gear I would hear later that amazed me.  

Sorry to miss this meet and hope everyone has a great time.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #77 of 166

In addition to my own source, I also always bring a USB and/or microSD card w/ adapter with music I know by heart.  If bringing your own source, obviously bring all the possible connections/adapters you might have on hand--you never know what you might need.

Most important thing to bring is an open mind; check your biases at the door.  When I've gone to meets in the past with high expectations of such-and-such, I've been let down and/or missed out on gear I would hear later that amazed me.  

Yeah, this is good advice. Open-mind especially. My first meet I was super disappointed in the LCD-2, which I had originally planned to buy, and was enamored with the HE-500 and HD800, both of which I expected to be "not my taste." I loved the HE-500 so much I bought a pair the next day.

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #78 of 166
Forecast is looking nice, should be a great day for a meet. High of 62 with no rain, clear skies.

Jan 19, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #80 of 166
  Great day to be indoors with your ears covered and your eyes closed!

Whatever.
smile.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #81 of 166
Am a noobie  to cans, a refugee from two channel, beginning to build a head fi system.   Hope to be able to drop by as I really need to hear some good systems to have a basis for future comparisions, purchases

Will try to get by early with a couple 50' (12 & 14) extension cords.   Sorry, don't have much else to bring to the party.

Look forward to see you.

taxiq

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #82 of 166
Welp.. the headband pad on my HD800s sorta fell apart while packing them away tonight. It will stay on, but only just. The plastic retainer bars are mostly broken (old plastic to blame). Ordered a replacement, but it will be here after the meet. Should be usable, but will need careful handling.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #83 of 166
ah schiit! I just stumbled on this thread, and it looks to be an awesome meet! I was considering it, till I remembered I'm supposed to be organizing my Fiancee's birthday party this Saturday... 
frown.gif

with all the incredible gear listed it might be a blessing in disguise though! ...sleep with one eye open wallet! 
biggrin.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #84 of 166
I can't wait! This will be my 2nd one and I missed last year's. Hopefully I can make it before noon. It's my only shot at hearing some HD800/Audeze/Hifiman gear!

I don't have much to show aside from FiiO E17... V-moda M100 and TF10 and I'll take them.

I hope to try o some of those hifi portable audio players (FiiO x3/HM700 etc..). Anyone taking one?

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #85 of 166
Hey-o 

First meet here, but will be attending. What is the etiquette, I mean, are most people bringing some sort of gear?  

I think the only thing I have to offer (that people may not have) is an Audio-GD NFB -11 (2015 model). 

Other than that I will probably have X1's around my neck. 

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #86 of 166
I can't believe I wasn't subscribed to this thread, I'll be there! I can bring my NFB-28 (2014), and hopefully my LCD-2.2Fs. I wish I could bring more :frowning2:... long stories.

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #87 of 166
Hey-o 

First meet here, but will be attending. What is the etiquette, I mean, are most people bringing some sort of gear?  

I think the only thing I have to offer (that people may not have) is an Audio-GD NFB -11 (2015 model). 

Other than that I will probably have X1's around my neck. 

Thanks!

No etiquette regarding gear, bring lots, bring none, doesn't matter. Bring your enthusiasm for good music and sound quality and of course be careful with other people's property and you'll have a great time. I'll try to write up a meet attendance guide tonight for newbies.

Jan 21, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #88 of 166
Attending and bringing:

Cans: Philips Fidelio X2, AKG K701, Shure SRH-940, Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Amp: Objective2 + Odac Combo Rev. B, Fiio E6

Source: Sony Vaio laptop, Sansa Clip

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #89 of 166
Howdy Yall,

Anybody want me to bring the Schiit Fulla and Dragonfly 1.2?

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back