Head-fi Austin - January 23 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #31 of 166
Do we have Patrick from Nice Cans and Dr Cavalli also confirmed?

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #32 of 166
Im still stoked about all these new cans I'll get to listen to! Does anyone have a questyle amp? That thing with the HD 800 blew me away at the last meet I went to. Both of them are on my "want to buy list" I personally thought it sounded better than any of the Ether setups there (the Ether itself was pretty amazing as well)!

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #33 of 166
Cavalli is confirmed, but I haven't been able to contact Patrick. His email isn't working for me anymore.

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #34 of 166
Cavalli is confirmed, but I haven't been able to contact Patrick. His email isn't working for me anymore.

I will contact him.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #35 of 166
I'm bringing my AMB gamma1.5 DAC/amp. This little thing has astounded me at how resolving and dynamic it can be in such a small package. The circuitry is extremely simple and fairly minimalist, and yet extremely competent... it drives my HD600 just fine, something I didn't think such a small amplifier could do.

Anyway, whoever is bringing their O2/ODAC, would they be okay with setting up a separate A/B station for at least part of the day? I'm willing to bet the y1.5 will trump it.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #36 of 166
Ah, a local event what a joy.I would like to show off an get comments on three new product from Austin AudioWorks, The amplifiers are no-feedback current types for heap hones, resolution, speed, and sound-scape are their virtues.  The new Black Swan preamp, ultra low noise, high resolution, front panel cartridge loading for MM and MC with continuously adjustable resistance.  A true matched Discography system.  I have the new Iconoclast air core cables with some prototype balanced cables to hook it all together, will be using Audeze LCD-X headphones.  Should be fun.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #37 of 166
I am in. Not sure if I can contribute much in terms of gear. All I have is a:

Fiio X3 2nd Gen
Sennheiser IE80

Please let me know if I can be of help in any other way. Looking forward to the meet.

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #38 of 166
I am adding the AK380 amp module and Earsonic S-EM9 to the list of gear I am bringing. That is the best IEM I have heard. Addictive as hell and hard to retire for the night with these on.

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #39 of 166
I am adding the AK380 amp module and Earsonic S-EM9 to the list of gear I am bringing. That is the best IEM I have heard. Addictive as hell and hard to retire for the night with these on.

Any chance you have the Velvets too? If yes, it'd be great if you could bring it to the meet.  

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #40 of 166
Any chance you have the Velvets too? If yes, it'd be great if you could bring it to the meet.  

I don't have the Velvets. The S-EM9 is the only Earsonic IEM I own.

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #42 of 166
Hey everyone! I'm really excited to host everyone here in Austin!! I met with our facilities manager yesterday and we're working with our security team to make parking and unloading a little bit easier on everyone. But, just to set realistic expectations, parking won't be free. I'm just trying to make unloading and loading easier and safer for everyone.

In the meantime, this link will show you a map of what we are working with for now. I will update this thread and that map as I have more details to share.

Feel free to ping me directly if you have any specific questions.

See you all in Jan!

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #43 of 166
  Hey everyone! I'm really excited to host everyone here in Austin!! I met with our facilities manager yesterday and we're working with our security team to make parking and unloading a little bit easier on everyone. But, just to set realistic expectations, parking won't be free. I'm just trying to make unloading and loading easier and safer for everyone.

In the meantime, this link will show you a map of what we are working with for now. I will update this thread and that map as I have more details to share.

Feel free to ping me directly if you have any specific questions.

See you all in Jan!

Cards accepted or cash only parking?

Can't wait!

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #44 of 166
That particular lot I pointed out in the map will take cards, not cash. Actually, all of the lots I'm thinking of are cards only. I'm sure there are ones that take cash, but I'm just not familiar with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back