Head-fi Austin - January 18 2014
Jan 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #166 of 180
Jan 17, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #167 of 180
Well I was gonna have a CDP but it seems I decided it was a good idea to tear mine apart today. I may try reassembling it...or maybe I'll just bring the bluray player. Lol

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #168 of 180
Just finished packing up. Remind me to never volunteer to demo so much gear... Ready to head down after work tomorrow.

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #169 of 180
By the way, friendly reminder to double check your cables, extension cords (20-50ft), flash drives, demo CDs, etc. Never a good thing to show up missing that pesky USB cable you thought you grabbed.

Also, if you are paying at the door PLEASE have exact change. I made it really easy, $20 for general admission, $50 for vendors, both exact denominations.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #170 of 180
Another friendly reminder for those of us that will have a table set up:   It might be a good idea to bring a little bottle of hand sanitizer to keep at your table.   Its flu season, but besides that a LOT of people (including myself) are getting hit hard this year by allergies, which means a lot of touching of the face, nose and eyes (unless you handcuff your hands behind your back, it's practically impossible to avoid).   So, if you come to a table that has hand sanitizer go ahead and use it, that's what it's there for.

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #171 of 180
Just a recommendation to bring music (96/24 or lower please, my Master-7 DAC is oldskool) on SD cards as they plug right into the side of my QLS QA770 music playback system and then you can listen to whatever you want on my rig.  

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #172 of 180
BTW maybe I missed it, but if we have already payed, do we need to bring something like a receipt or do you have a list?

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #176 of 180
I'm packed up as well.  Grabbed far more stuff than I anticipated originally since I had a full table.  Grabbed both full kits (work and home) and even brought a CDP/sacd (maybe someone has some?) and some cds.  No vinyl this year though.  That'd be quite the chore at the moment.  Also packed up the camera kit.  

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #177 of 180
  I'm packed up as well.  Grabbed far more stuff than I anticipated originally since I had a full table.  Grabbed both full kits (work and home) and even brought a CDP/sacd (maybe someone has some?) and some cds.  No vinyl this year though.  That'd be quite the chore at the moment.  Also packed up the camera kit.  

I'm bringing an Oppo that can read SACD and HDCD, plus DVD-A.

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #178 of 180

Yeah.  I don't have any discs is the problem.  I bought a sony DVD player a long time ago that plays SACD and have never popped an SACD into it.  Just sort of curious.  Not expecting revelations, but maybe someone will bring some SACDs I'm familiar with to throw in there. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #179 of 180

Yeah.  I don't have any discs is the problem.  I bought a sony DVD player a long time ago that plays SACD and have never popped an SACD into it.  Just sort of curious.  Not expecting revelations, but maybe someone will bring some SACDs I'm familiar with to throw in there. 

I am bring the Who "Tommy" double disc SACD.

Jan 18, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #180 of 180
Arrived in Austin. Time to catch some zzzzz so I can be up and breakfasted by about 7ish. See you all in the morning. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back