Head-Fi Art Club
Dec 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #91 of 223
Thanks guys ^^

are those hayate characters!?

Yes, those are indeed characters from HnG. I used to enjoy the series :)
  Wow those are actually pretty amazing

The digital paintings too

Wish I could paint well digitally

I think we are all capable of doing things well, but it takes a lot of hard work! There's still a lot, lot, lot, lot of room for improvement for me! And your works on traditional media are really great - they are definitely much better than mine. I'm not that good at realistic drawings or using traditional media though.

I think one of the allures of digital for me is that i'm inconsistent with line placement and quality but i know what i think looks good so i can very easily undo a line over and over again until I'm happy with it.

I love digital painting since with the software today you can basically create any effect you want in your work^^ And your works will never get wet, smudged, soiled or torn :)

sorry for any grammatical mistakes

That's nice! I love doodles like this - they are always fun to look at and draw. Btw, isn't that character from nichijou? :D

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #93 of 223
Great work Folx.
Always an inspiration to check in on this thread, thanx for posting such beautiful work!

pen & blue paper, continuing to flesh this out into painter 2015.

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #95 of 223
can find any of my character designs for my one-shot as well as other random doodles
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW @Rozenberg, it seems that you are really proficient in the field of digital drawing, any tips on how you came to become that good?

You yourself already started digital drawing though. You already have the grasp on proportion as well. Just enjoy/stress on your drawings, as time passes you'll improve for sure 
biggrin.gif

I couldn't really share any tips on technique or such, for each has their own style.
As for me, I normally only take a look at some drawings that my favorite artists drew (how rough the shading, where to shade, lighting, illumination etc) then I try to replicate them with my own way, basically only using SAI.
Back then I was really into Kantoku's drawing style but after further observation how to make things my way, I changed style

sorry for any grammatical mistakes

dat pen tho

btw my last progress now... I was hoping I could finish my Eugen before vacation but things got real busy so yeah....

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #96 of 223

You yourself already started digital drawing though. You already have the grasp on proportion as well. Just enjoy/stress on your drawings, as time passes you'll improve for sure 
biggrin.gif

I couldn't really share any tips on technique or such, for each has their own style.
As for me, I normally only take a look at some drawings that my favorite artists drew (how rough the shading, where to shade, lighting, illumination etc) then I try to replicate them with my own way, basically only using SAI.
Back then I was really into Kantoku's drawing style but after further observation how to make things my way, I changed style

dat pen tho

btw my last progress now... I was hoping I could finish my Eugen before vacation but things got real busy so yeah....

Now that you mentioned kantoku, I really see the resemblance to his style in this work. The shading of the hair, eyes, and the general shape of the face and eye looks really kantoku-ish. It's marvellous!

Dec 22, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #97 of 223
Colour matching on colour pencils is miserable

I mixed a lot and it is still pretty off

Have so many skin tone colours and it still feels not enough

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #98 of 223
Colour matching on colour pencils is miserable

I mixed a lot and it is still pretty off

Have so many skin tone colours and it still feels not enough

I can't even imagine. Have you considered pastels?

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #99 of 223
I can't even imagine. Have you considered pastels?

Nope, the Derwent Coloursoft pencils are pretty much soft enough for me as colour pencils, really close to the softness of pastels

I think i might need to experiment around a little more

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #100 of 223
Nope, the Derwent Coloursoft pencils are pretty much soft enough for me as colour pencils, really close to the softness of pastels

I think i might need to experiment around a little more

Got it. I was actually referring to seeing better skin tones with pastels in general, not so much about softness.

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #101 of 223
Unfortunately I have no skill with a pencil, but I do have some skill with musical instruments. My family does indeed have artistic talent, so is it OK if I brag for them?

Here's some of my daughter's artwork. This one is a graphic novel she is drawing for a school project (New Media Design student at RIT) - all digitally drawn and colored

More details of the actual pages and other stuff here: http://d-letion.tumblr.com/

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #102 of 223
Got it. I was actually referring to seeing better skin tones with pastels in general, not so much about softness.

Hmm pastels are quite messy to use though compared to colour pencils

Maybe I need to do more experimenting

Or get a better photo reference like usual

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #103 of 223
Hmm pastels are quite messy to use though compared to colour pencils

Maybe I need to do more experimenting

Or get a better photo reference like usual

Yea, I hear they are.

Professional photos, ie magazine etc, are usually pretty bad for life reference because the lighting is often unnatural and in combination with the touch-ups create unrealistic skin tones, etc. but they're so pretty lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back