Head-Fi Art Club
Dec 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #76 of 223
No new art from fellow artists?

Meanwhile I am trying out burnishing and layering on these new Derwent Drawing pencils, and I have to say I love them.

Nice!

Work and other matters have sucked out my time entirely for the last few weeks =(

Here's something I had thumbed on my phone on thanksgiving day. Kinda rough but I like it:

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #77 of 223
  I can't really draw, I guess I work in a different medium.  Here is another lamp that I finished a couple of years ago.

Wow this is really well done

Really beautiful IMO

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #78 of 223
I can't really draw, I guess I work in a different medium.  Here is another lamp that I finished a couple of years ago.

Wow. Makes me wish my interior design preferences leaned toward something that could accommodate such a design.

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #81 of 223
I would say our interior design preferences would probably be best described as "early dorm room".  Pretty much if we like it, it stays.

Sounds fun =)

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #82 of 223
Hi guys, newcomer to this thread; first of all, I have to say it has been a pleasure looking through the various works you guys have done. Soon I'd like to contribute some of mine too ^^
About three months ago I completed a chapter of my one-shot manga for a school examination, and I haven't really done anything since then. The amount of work that had to be done to complete that chapter was just so ridiculous for me (in the midst of preparing for my A Level examinations) that I had probably gotten so sick of drawing) that I just stopped.
However after seeing the works you guys have uploaded here I think I have finally rediscovered my passion for drawing. I'm gonna browse through my computer later to see if I can find any of my character designs for my one-shot as well as other random doodles :)
BTW Rozenberg, it seems that you are really proficient in the field of digital drawing, any tips on how you came to become that good?

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #84 of 223
Hi guys, newcomer to this thread; first of all, I have to say it has been a pleasure looking through the various works you guys have done. Soon I'd like to contribute some of mine too ^^
About three months ago I completed a chapter of my one-shot manga for a school examination, and I haven't really done anything since then. The amount of work that had to be done to complete that chapter was just so ridiculous for me (in the midst of preparing for my A Level examinations) that I had probably gotten so sick of drawing) that I just stopped.
However after seeing the works you guys have uploaded here I think I have finally rediscovered my passion for drawing. I'm gonna browse through my computer later to see if I can find any of my character designs for my one-shot as well as other random doodles
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW @Rozenberg, it seems that you are really proficient in the field of digital drawing, any tips on how you came to become that good?

Welcome!

Thank you all for your kind comments.  Coming from such a talented group, it is humbling.  Thanks!

No problem, keep up with the awesome glass works!

Finally found a way to overcome the image problem, now there is a featured column

Hopefully I can find enough energy to sustain that column haha

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #85 of 223
So here are some of my sketches/doodles that I've done over the past year or so. Some of them are a little unfinished though. I'll apologise first to anyone who expected it to be fine art - even though I studied art history for two years I just can't form an affinity with fine art - it just feels like something really distant from me that I cannot relate to.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #86 of 223
  So here are some of my sketches/doodles that I've done over the past year or so. Some of them are a little unfinished though. I'll apologise first to anyone who expected it to be fine art - even though I studied art history for two years I just can't form an affinity with fine art - it just feels like something really distant from me that I cannot relate to.

basshead.gif
 great works   

are those hayate characters!?

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #89 of 223
All super nice! Some of my favorites:

Quote:

I think one of the allures of digital for me is that i'm inconsistent with line placement and quality but i know what i think looks good so i can very easily undo a line over and over again until I'm happy with it.

This was a recent digital sketch I did that is probably IMO the least digital looking thing i've done, due to the software and brush no doubt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back