Head-Fi Art Club
Dec 3, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #182 of 223
Wow, I love the somewhat flat and minimalistic style of your work. Nice precision too. You should sell your works
biggrin.gif

I do - both of the ones I posted were commissions. I just wish I could make enough from painting to give up the day job, but it's probably not gonna happen any time soon 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #183 of 223
Yeah, I've been drawing digitally for about a year and a half now... Drawing traditionally since I was a kid
biggrin.gif
I mostly use SAI for my digital drawings - though I still have a lot to learn about using it. Any idea how to colour quickly (e.g. Not having to worry about colouring beyond the linework)?

Well my linework is generally very messy so.... I guess sometimes it's easier for me to ignore constraints (like linework) and follow the sketch as a guide (proportions, composition, colour blocking, etc).

R2, acrylic on canvas.

Here are a couple of pics I took along the way, where the pencil-work is visible:

Wow that looks real good! Feels perfect for a wall mural/decoration.

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #184 of 223
R2, acrylic on canvas.

Here are a couple of pics I took along the way, where the pencil-work is visible:

Awesome stuff. Values are really great for the style.

Yeah, I've been drawing digitally for about a year and a half now... Drawing traditionally since I was a kid :D I mostly use SAI for my digital drawings - though I still have a lot to learn about using it. Any idea how to colour quickly (e.g. Not having to worry about colouring beyond the linework)?

I just got clip studio paint when it was $15 on Black Friday weekend. Wish I posted that deal up here now... Their fill tool is pretty good. It can sample current or all layers and you can input a tolerance for the tool sensing open gaps and not going beyond.
Very low use of resources too, damn smooth on my Thinkpad 10. You can also draw or paint in vectors, perspective rulers are amazing and the stroke smoothing engine is very good.

The whole software is just surprisingly intuitive to creating art. Very focused with clear input from artists utilized. It appears to even shift menus to big buttons when using finger touch instead of pen. I'm pretty darn impressed tbh.

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #185 of 223
Incredible
smily_headphones1.gif
You have a thing for photorealistic works. How long on average do you take to complete each piece? The likeness to life is just amazing. I especially like the text on the number plate and the clock - they look perfect. What I like about your works the most is that they have this impressionist feel to them. Nice!

Man, you seem to be getting better as this thread grows. Keep it up!

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #186 of 223
Trying to actually compose a scene. This is f*ing hard. Rewarding and frustrating all at once.

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #188 of 223

an attempt to sketch fitear mascot today... mhmmm
better go renew my brush bank

A little more doodling while testing sensitivity of the drawing gears....
guess I need another 100 hours practice

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #189 of 223

an attempt to sketch fitear mascot today... mhmmm
better go renew my brush bank

A little more doodling while testing sensitivity of the drawing gears....
guess I need another 100 hours practice

Nice, I think the simplicity of the pieces are beautiful. What programme are you using and how long have you been drawing?

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #190 of 223
Nice, I think the simplicity of the pieces are beautiful. What programme are you using and how long have you been drawing?

Both are done on CS6... not too familiar with it since i just moved from SAI to photoshop and needs time to get used to the selection tools

has been doodling  since my boring enlightening secondary school classes LOL

prefer pencil drawing tho

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #192 of 223
Both are done on CS6... not too familiar with it since i just moved from SAI to photoshop and needs time to get used to the selection tools

has been doodling  since my boring enlightening secondary school classes LOL

prefer pencil drawing tho

I also recently made the move from SAI to Clip Studio Paint. It seems much more complicated to use comapred to SAI; I still have a lot to learn about the tools. The smoothing engine is incredible, though.

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #193 of 223
I also recently made the move from SAI to Clip Studio Paint. It seems much more complicated to use comapred to SAI; I still have a lot to learn about the tools. The smoothing engine is incredible, though.

Best function is the 3d model (for posing) =D

Got a copy when they have that massive discount a while ago

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #194 of 223
Best function is the 3d model (for posing) =D

Got a copy when they have that massive discount a while ago

Yes, I have yet to try the 3D models! I'm eager to try them out soon (maybe for my next work). Unfortunately I missed the discount, since it was only until recently that I decided to make the change to Clip Studio Paint. SAI may be simpler to use, but I think it is too lacking in features when you compare the two side-by-side.

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #195 of 223
Yes, I have yet to try the 3D models! I'm eager to try them out soon (maybe for my next work). Unfortunately I missed the discount, since it was only until recently that I decided to make the change to Clip Studio Paint. SAI may be simpler to use, but I think it is too lacking in features when you compare the two side-by-side.

I only saw the discount by accident on Black Friday weekend and figured what the hell.

Don't forget the perspective ruler! If you haven't tried it yet, it's like someone built the better mousetrap.

I came across a blog post earlier this week where someone said the layout is a bit complicated if you come from something like SAI and goes into an extensive post on how to customize the workspace to your needs. And the level of customization is incredibly high. I'll see if I can find it before I get home.

Really, for the amount of quality coding and time that must have went into understanding the process of its intended market and the quality of the tools, if I paid the regular ~$45 for it, I wouldn't feel like I got the short end of the stick. It's a joy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back