Head-Fi - A Journey or A Destination?
Oct 10, 2007 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

bigjim82

500+ Head-Fier
Do you consider Head-Fi to be a journey or a destination? My first foray into the head-fi world was purchasing a pair of HD590’s on-line quite awhile ago (long before I found this site). I knew nothing thing about these headphones, but I read good things about them at the time (and I also got a free watch). Then I read about the need for a headphone amp. I bought a Cmoy and a Headphonia amp on eBay (prior to reading about the controversy on this site). Since joining this site I have purchased Vmoda Vibes and Grado SR225’s. My next purchase will be a tube amp - not the best out there but a decent starter amp. I’m loving the Grado’s and can see myself getting an RS-1 or GS1000 down the line. Or maybe I’ll end up with a top of the line Sennheiser, AKG , Beyer , Ultrasone or any of the other great brands of headphones I’ve been reading about on this site after trying out cans in those lines. The point is, I want to experience the journey not just the destination. What do you think?

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 25
don't forget the music
580smile.gif
3000smile.gif
lambda.gif
280smile.gif
600smile.gif

and remember: wire is wire, which implies that 18-gauge zip cord is as good as Valhalla power cables
blink.gif

Just kidding! Not!!
wink.gif

Laz

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's a money pit
wink.gif

Just like a lot of things, but remember that the speaker community digs the pit a lot deeper than we do.
frown.gif

Laz

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #13 of 25
this... hobby is a journey..... this website is a destination.

Oct 10, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the journey is where you learn; the destination is your ideal setup (or close to it).

x2

Although since arguably, this is a never ending journey, that there is no final destination. Even if we are looking for one.

How many "I have found my sonic nirvana" threads have their been, only to see that it was never true a few months down the road?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back