Head-Fi 2014 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Dec 15, 2014 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21
It's that time of the year again, so to those participants in the Xmas exchange, please list below (once known):

Who was your partner and what did you get?

Include thoughts on the choices if you're inclined to.
And many thanks to Asr for organising the initial 2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange thread 
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #2 of 21
My partner this year was @customcoco

We exchanged digital music and CD - and I was  delighted to get the following:

Ólafur Arnalds - Living Room Songs

Ludovico Einaudi - In A Time Lapse

Esbjörn Svensson Trio - Seven Days Of Falling

Max Richter - Songs From Before

Many thanks CC !  I'll post impressions / descriptions once I've had the chance to get to know these beauties 
smile.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 21
I got these from Soundsgoodtome

718OEy-NENL._SX425_.jpg

"There's a Time" - Doug MacLeod
81xmJFIDWuL._SX425_.jpg

"The Vivaldi Album" The four Seasons Anne Akiko Myers

Look forward to these, out of my norm.

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #9 of 21
This was my 1st gift exchange (don't know how I missed it last year) and my parter was @Vortaku.  
Thanks for the great music, my friend!  Merry Christmas to all.

Dec 22, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #13 of 21
Just curious because he bought you a Tommy Emmanuel album (Aussie guitar legend)

I actually requested a Tommy album (any album by him) after I watched a video of Tommy playing that was posted somewhere on Head-Fi.  I'd never heard of Tommy Emmanuel before that.  My mouth was hanging open - that guy can play!!  It's cool that my partner picked Tommy's Christmas album.  On the album, Tommy plays with John Knowles who is a Nashville guy.  I live just outside of Nashville.  Small world.

They are both CGP - Certified Guitar Players - a lighthearted title handed out by Chet Atkins.  There are only five CGP's - Chet, Tommy, John, Steve Wariner and Jerry Reed :).

Cheers -
RCBinTN

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 21
I received these albums from Vortaku. Only had enough time to check them out for just a few minutes so far but they all sounded really cool (particularly the hard rock-type albums). About to hop on a long flight for the holidays so I'll be able to put in a good listen soon on my ultraportable rig.

Gavin Degraw - Finest Hour: The Best of Gavin Degraw

Pop Evil - Onyx

Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May

And I also received these two albums from a surprise Head-Fier! Not sure if he wants to be named—he can reveal himself if he wants to. Fortunately had time to rip the albums he sent in time for my flight, so I'll be able to listen to them pretty soon too. Especially intrigued since the artists seem to be completely foreign (as in, from other countries not the USA).

Thanks to both guys for what I'm sure will be some awesome music!

- No Mythologies To Follow

The Naked and Famous - In Rolling Waves

Dec 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #15 of 21
Glad to hear you received my surprise gifts in time Asr! I wanted to thank you for organising this great event that I have participated in with a lot of fun over the past years.

I received from my partner nc8000 two CDs:

Tako Lako - Pulse Riddle

Hymns from Niveneh - Endurance in Christmas Time

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back