Head-Fi 2010 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Jan 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #46 of 58
Well, today I received my package from Jude:

Daft Punk - TRON Legacy OST

Listened to it once now and it's quite good :D, thanks Jude. I hope you have received my package already. 

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #47 of 58
Today I got home and I was in for a surprise. There was another package on the table, containing two more CDs!

Reid Speed - Under the Influence, and

Beach House - Teen Dream

I've never heard of either artist, so I'm excited :). Going to listen to them later tonight.

Thanks again Jude and the organisers (Uncle Erik et al.)

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #48 of 58
Dzjudz, I did receive the two you sent, man, and I'm so sorry mine was sooo very late.  I'll post more about your choices for me over the weekend, which, by the way, I'm enjoying immensely! 

I thought Reid Speed couldn't be more Head-Fi-relevant, as, in addition to being a well-known and talented DJ, she is also the wife of one of the founders of Audezé!  I dig that album, too.

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #49 of 58
Now I said I had never heard of Beach House, but the moment I inserted the disc into my CDP the music sounded familiar. Turns out my brother played it on our last road trip. I absolutely love this CD, great choice!

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #52 of 58

Quote:
So who's organizing the exchange this year? :D

Yeah:)

If everything has to arrive on time, and conditions will be the same as last year, we already have to hurry, lol.
(a lot of packages from and to UK took 6-8 weeks last year
confused_face.gif
)

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #53 of 58
I think after the first week of November is a good time to start because if you start too early people will lose track or lose interest. If you do it when the holiday season starts Head-Fi'ers will be more inclined to keep it in mind and be more excited to participate.

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #54 of 58

Quote:
I think after the first week of November is a good time to start because if you start too early people will lose track or lose interest. If you do it when the holiday season starts Head-Fi'ers will be more inclined to keep it in mind and be more excited to participate.

yes, agreed. It's too early now

I was a bit joking with my referal on the English situation last year. We had a bit of snow etc. in North-West Europe and the post offices went down.
Normally, you can expect that if you start half november, it's ideal. 

Either way, I'm in.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #56 of 58
Are we still going to have an exchange gift 2011, or did I miss something?

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #57 of 58
Uncle Eric said after thanksgiving. Hey wait that's today :D

Edit: It's here!! http://www.head-fi.org/t/582142/2011-head-fi-holiday-gift-exchange

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #58 of 58
^ thanks mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back