Head-fi–ers have good ears, right?
Dec 19, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 18
Noooooooooooo! the placebo camp has one more argument.
icon10.gif

Kidding aside my guess is that he is saying Ba Ba and he superimpose a video of him saying Da with the sound Ba to confuse us.

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 18
What the heck was that all about?

It seemed that when you could see his mouth he was saying da da da da , but when it was screened out there were some ba ba's in there.

Can anyone translate what the other people were saying?

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seemed that when you could see his mouth he was saying da da da da , but when it was screened out there were some ba ba's in there.

Can anyone translate what the other people were saying?

I don't know what they say but my guess is you paraphrase pretty much what they are saying

"It seemed that when you could see his mouth he was saying da da da da , but when it was screened out there were some ba ba's in there. "

Put you hands in front of the video to prove they don't alter the sound. It will sound like Ba.

It's kind of like the many image illusion trick found on internet except with sound and video this time

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That listening in the dark helps the experience?
tongue.gif

Seriously though, I found it somewhat disturbing that what I see has so much influence on what I hear. Like DanT, I also put my finger in front of the guys mouth to see if it would still change what I hear. It did.

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 18
I've been to a museum of the human body where there was a long test with a load of things like this. It was to prove that although we listen to what people are saying we actually do use our eyes to watch what their mouth/lips are doing at the same time and that if you take the image of someone saying one thing (da da da) while they are actually saying something else (ba ba ba) then our brain is tricked by what is going on.

I actually found it quite interesting but then I get really taken in by things like this and can spend hours just reading up everything.

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been to a museum of the human body where there was a long test with a load of things like this. It was to prove that although we listen to what people are saying we actually do use our eyes to watch what their mouth/lips are doing at the same time and that if you take the image of someone saying one thing (da da da) while they are actually saying something else (ba ba ba) then our brain is tricked by what is going on.

Altlcauy, the brian does a lot of trciekry. Tihs is poorf taht eevn with rndiaeg, the eeys are jsut onsbirveg and the barin raelly does the reandig.

EIDT: So mbyae we are not eevn lesntniig wtih our eras, but wtih our biran. How is that for scary.
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 18
Hehe, nice, why did they have the norwegian flag and a picture of a place in norway at the end of the clip?

Would this make me proud of beeing an norwegian guy? bahhh!
rs1smile.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 18
whoa, weird shizzle. gaga gaga gaga if you watch it, baba baba baba if you keep your eyes closed...

Dec 20, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #14 of 18
I tried this once. It didn't work on me.

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried this once. It didn't work on me.

ALIEN!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back