HE60 question ....
Jul 6, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received a pair of HE60 today and I noticed there are something like loose bands in the driver in both drivers as shown in the pictures below. Does anybody know what they are ?

I don't have HEV70 to drive them so not sure how they sound.

It looks like the o-ring has gone bad. I'm sure Sennheiser would sell you another, but I would wait until you get the HEV70 for it, or after you get an adapter to run it off a Stax amp. It might not affect the sound, but it is possible the baffle is not sealed with a split o-ring and you might get some backwave to come through the front.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my HE60 does not look like that.

the real question though is whether it affects the sound at all. that's all that matters.

I think the owner of OP doesn't have any amplifier to drive the phone right now

Jul 7, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #20 of 31
Alex, [AK]zip, has agreed to try to get the O-ring replaced. If he can't find the factory O-ring, he said he will look for a similar one to fit in. I trust his workmanship and ingenuity.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #21 of 31
^^ what amp to go with them?

is there anything these little guys can't do. from classical to rock, they just sound flat out near-perfect.

i seriously luv the HE60 : )

[size=xx-small]post 6600. lots of 60s in there.[/size]

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #22 of 31
Thanks vcoheda! Since I am replugging the HE60 anyway, it's a good opportunity to get the O-ring replaced in one shot.

I have a KGSS DX with HE90 and STAX outputs. I should have asked Justin to add the HE60 output back then!
frown.gif

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #23 of 31
Actually, I don't think so. I had an amp built with the HE60 jack, and really prefer the Stax plug - especially if you are getting one of Alex's amphenol silver ones - very nice.

Jul 7, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex, [AK]zip, has agreed to try to get the O-ring replaced. If he can't find the factory O-ring, he said he will look for a similar one to fit in. I trust his workmanship and ingenuity.
smily_headphones1.gif

It really isn't very hard to replace. Very straightforward. If I can do it, anyone can.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ what amp to go with them?

is there anything these little guys can't do. from classical to rock, they just sound flat out near-perfect.

i seriously luv the HE60 : )[/SIZE]

I've come very close to selling my HE60 in the past month or two for various reasons. Each time, all it takes is one listen and my head is put straight again.
cool.gif
I don't think I would ever sell it for anything but a R10 or O2 (the HE90 I've never heard). It is really one of the very best headphones I've ever listened to IMO. It really needs a spectacular source behind it and my current CDP is not doing it justice.

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've come very close to selling my HE60 in the past month or two for various reasons. Each time, all it takes is one listen and my head is put straight again.
cool.gif
I don't think I would ever sell it for anything but a R10 or O2 (the HE90 I've never heard). It is really one of the very best headphones I've ever listened to IMO. It really needs a spectacular source behind it and my current CDP is not doing it justice.

So, get a new CDP, but don't sell the HE60!

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphone_speaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if noone sells the HE60, how does everyone else have a chance to enjoy it
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I have to admit, you have a good point there.

Milky, I'll give you $1,000 for just the HE60 phones with no amp. Thanks headphone_speaker, I don't what I'd do without you.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It really isn't very hard to replace. Very straightforward. If I can do it, anyone can.

cool.gif

dude you have no idea how 'unhandy man' I am! I wouldn't take any risks and want this HE60 to be as perfect as possible.

Why sell it? Such discontinued statement headphones are part of history/legend as long as I'm still a Head-Fi'er, I will keep them even if I don't listen to 'em at all.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to admit, you have a good point there.

Milky, I'll give you $1,000 for just the HE60 phones with no amp. Thanks headphone_speaker, I don't what I'd do without you.
biggrin.gif

headphoneAddict,
why don't you sell your HE60? I will give you 1100$
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphone_speaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headphoneAddict,
why don't you sell your HE60? I will give you 1100$
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

NEVER
very_evil_smiley.gif

(they's really nice with the brand new drivers, new headband pads and new earpads, and stax re-terminated by rudistor.com )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back