HE400i upgrade within Hifiman line
Aug 4, 2023 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kol12

Head-Fier
Just looking for anybody who has owned the HE400i and found what models in the Hifiman line of Planar's offered the most noticeable upgrade? I'm interested in the Anando Nano.

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had all the Hifimans up to the Arya and Audivina. The Ananda Stealth, Edition XS are both upgrades you'll notice, even the Sundara. It's down to if you want tuning like the 400i or a different sound profile. The one that's like a 400i on steroids with the most similar sound would be the HE6se. Powering then with a Sabaj A20h for $119 on Amazon with balanced cables that come with the he6se is a good way to do it.
The headband is the bar type, and the regular Ananda is by far the most comfortable. Whichever you get, that flat ski band style has even distribution and the bar kind causes pressure points for many people after half an hour.

Aug 6, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 3
I've had all the Hifimans up to the Arya and Audivina. The Ananda Stealth, Edition XS are both upgrades you'll notice, even the Sundara. It's down to if you want tuning like the 400i or a different sound profile. The one that's like a 400i on steroids with the most similar sound would be the HE6se. Powering then with a Sabaj A20h for $119 on Amazon with balanced cables that come with the he6se is a good way to do it.
The headband is the bar type, and the regular Ananda is by far the most comfortable. Whichever you get, that flat ski band style has even distribution and the bar kind causes pressure points for many people after half an hour.
How would you compare the Ananda Stealth to the 400i? Do you mean the headband on the Ananda is more comfortable the HE400i style headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back