HE1000 V2 AMP?
Apr 2, 2018 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Faithless

Head-Fier
Hello folks...

2Quick questions ...

Ragnarok will push the HE1000 V2 with SQ and power?
Any other amp tip for the HE1000 V2?

I would greatly appreciate your opinion !!!

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Not a big fan of most Schiit amps myself. The Mjolnir2 is my favorite of them. It is really sweet with the Ether-C's. I'm a tube amp guy so I would say Microzotl2 as a good pick. The Amps and Sounds Kenzie I have is a bit on the warmer side but also would be a good choice. If you want Solid State the Airist Audio Heron 5 is also very good.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 8
The rag has the power, now if the pairing is to your liking is another thing entirely. Without any description of what you do or don't like in terms of sonics it's hard an individual recommendation.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 8
Microzotl2

I see about the Microzotl2 but it's a little off my $2000 pocket limit.

The rag has the power, now if the pairing is to your liking is another thing entirely. Without any description of what you do or don't like in terms of sonics it's hard an individual recommendation.

I like more the tubes. But dont hate SS. My sonics preferences tends to be for a natural and relaxing sound (not too warm or not too cold). That said i like a lot the WA6-SE and the Vali 2 for example. I always had an interest in Lebem's amps but when I heard one i found a big disappointed by the very loose sound with lack of articulation and definition. It was like the extreme opposite of a very sharp SS.

Even the lyr3 will have more then enough power for the he1000v2...and the jotunheim I’m balanced configuration.

I have access to a Jotunhein. I'll see him with the HE1000.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 8
The jotunheim may not have enough power unless you have a balanced headphone cable...it puts out 2x the power through balanced connectors.

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 8
At its price point the lyr3 looks really interesting to me. I am a fan of feed back in amps and I like the tube type they chose. Plus rolling only one is a great thing.

Imo there really are no inherent Sonics that either tubes or transistors have, just good or bad amp design choices. Tubes do give you the opportunity to tune the sound a bit which can be a good thing. Or a smoke filled bad thing if you aren't careful.

SS
Head amp has a new balanced GS1 that is well on its way with development. Their gsx mkii sounds amazing with the hek. A Purebipolar, or even a squarewave from mjolnir could be an interesting option.

Tube
Obviously be careful with anything that is otl because of impedance matching. I'm a fan of the decware taboo, but I'm from Chicago so maybe not impartial. Wolf's ear audio and Ampsandsound look like they are doing good things at sane prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back