HE-5LE's + D7000. Complimentary or redundant?
Nov 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ajreynol

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi! 

I have a rather simple question that may have a complicated answer, but one that I need to ask and hope that someone can offer commentary:

I currently own a pair of D7000's that I run off of my Nuforce Icon HDP.  I love the cans and the setup, but I'd like something that might be a bit better for listening to music with live instruments (jazz, classical, etc.)...something with an open back.  the HE-5LE's have caught my attention, but I'm not terribly familiar with how they sound...or more specifically, how they sound relative to the D7000.  Needless to say, if they sound just like the D7000's, there's no point to me buying them.

My initial inclination was to pick up a pair of HD650's, which I found to be fairly different albeit a bit too sleepy for my tastes on my setup.  I really loved how live instruments sounded through them earlier this year when I tested a pair out for a few weeks.  Having never heard the HE-5LE's (or any other planars, for that matter), I'd be more reliant upon Head-Fi experiences. 

Any insight will be appreciated.

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 2
bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back